Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else leaving meteor?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I got away from meteor years ago when they had horribly bad coverage, i couldn't go past blanchardstown without loosing signal. then i went to vodafone who were good at the time. but after their ridiculously bad customer service i left them, 2 bills and a prepay and legged it to O2, who have been pretty good so far.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Im with Meteor bill pay years but having issues lately so considering moving to 3 or o2 maybe.

3 Seems to be good value.

tech2 wrote: »
    going to vodafone cause the gf's moving to them and also everyone I know is on vodafone, therefore free texts to everyone
    I've already gone, Vodafone makes more sense for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Definately leaving Meteor in September, €120 one month on a €50 a month contract, 80 texts is very poor indeed. Can't you get out of a contract if they raise the price without informing you? I.E. Terms of the Contract have changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I left Meteor over a year ago. Kept my number. My Meteor account had 34 unspendable euros in it. Unspendable, as I could never get coverage. Got lots of freebies, but could never spend it. Oh, and calling non-Meteor mobiles was expensive.

Since moved to o2. Another shower of ****, but the coverage is great, the price plans are pretty good (ie: they don't cost me too much).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭curtin10

i just jumped from meteor to O2. I have very poor signal where i live. O2 had perfect signal. Meteor was so bad for dropping calls after a few mins. I have O2 broadband now too. I know o2 are not the cheapest but the service is hat bit better than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinnyryan

Great post Op!

Has anyone a table of the price plans compared (though meteor I know have a variety, not sure about 3 or vodaphone)

Very cheeky the way they done this - so annoyed! Definitely going to e-mail them - strength in unity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

im with O2 UK and Meteor and Meteor is much better! 300 online free texts per month compared to 10. Minimum call charge is 20p on O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Definately leaving Meteor in September, €120 one month on a €50 a month contract, 80 texts is very poor indeed. Can't you get out of a contract if they raise the price without informing you? I.E. Terms of the Contract have changed?

Yes, you can. They would have had to change the prices for you to do that though, and they haven't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PatAlpha

They dont answer emails. Ive tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 weekends

Rumour has it Tesco are going to shut down their mobile service as its not going well for them - I wouldn't gp near them , anyway they dont have free texts

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rayhartjnr

im leaving meteor as soon as my contract will allow, they're moneygrabbing not nice people who seem to bully younger customers, sell insurance under the name "meteor minder" which then turns out to be a different company (phonesafe or homewatch or something) and generally provide an all round bad service (and they're not even nice about it). eg when i tried to seek compo from meteor for a broken phone, I was accused of trying to commit insurance fraud etc and other not nice things.:confused:

Advertisement