Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP5 gearbox lock up

Options
  • 27-12-2008 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

my galaxy mp5k gearbox is givin me nothing but hassle.
    iv shimmed it properly, got the trigger spring in, tested the gears syncronisation by turning them over with no spring in, put a lower tension spring in......
    but when i test her then the piston locks in the rear position.
    its not the battery or the motor.

if anybody has any ideas, im all ears.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Urgg i'm an idiot when it comes to these things ...and alot of other things..... but i'm pretty sure its something to do with an anti-reversal swithc ....... I think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

Nah i have it sorted out now. Dont know why i posted this up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

I'm having the same problem at the moment (with an M4) could you pretty pretty please dsclose how you fixed it because I'm stumped:confused::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The OP's sounds like a trigger contact or selector plate prob, but the M4 doesnt have the same kind of trigger so might be a different problem.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

a combination of a missing shim and the anti-reversal latch being out of sync with the gears.

gbox1pd7.jpg

basically the stud on the uppermost gear(circled), must be positioned at 1o'clock when the anti-reversal latch is engaged in one of the 4 "lock" positions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ah so thats where you went wrong.,

it doesnt actually have to be at the 1o'clock position, once its not touching the tappen plate and the teeth arnt engaging the sector gear, so baically 1-5 o'clockish will do ya., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

elsi wrote: »
    a combination of a missing shim and the anti-reversal latch being out of sync with the gears.

gbox1pd7.jpg

basically the stud on the uppermost gear(circled), must be positioned at 1o'clock when the anti-reversal latch is engaged in one of the 4 "lock" positions.
    Yeah yeah ....Thats what I meant :D

Advertisement