Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural liquorice

• 27-12-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm trying to find some natural liquorice, I was told to try pharmacists but haven't had any luck. am after giving up wheat but sugar cravings have intensified and need to control them. Find it too easy to grab a bar of chocolate when hungry and know it's counter productive!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Jdivision, do you like green tea? I found this brand Pukka which do a Chai Green Tea. It contains cinnamon and star anise which (to me) tastes like liquorice and really has helped curb those sugar cravings. Its really helping me kick that 3 oclock biscuit habit ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Do like some green tea but it's more the chewing that I need. i've lost lots of weight since March but have had to give up wheat recently but since then I find myself cheating too often when in need of a sugar boost and eating crappy chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Hi
    Your best bet is to check a few health food shops and see if they have any wheat free liquorice bars.

Another option would be to order online.

This company make sweets that are 100% pure liquorice.

http://www.liquirizia.it/1024.html

hth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Thanks cozmik, had gone to a few health shops in the meantime and they all had wheat in them.

Advertisement