Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Kits

• 27-12-2008 8:06pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a decent car kit for my E71 (well, for Nokias in general as its going to be shared in the one car). Was looking at the Bury bluetooth kits but was told they were an "overkill". Id like to use the phone as little as possible when driving so anyway to call numbers with ease, see whos calling me and maybe even read text messages for me (I doubt they can write them for you?!).

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

thats not overkill. most car kits don't even do all that.

they don't make the good old car kits anymore with an antenna and built in charger. only this bluetooth ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

that looks nice.
    car i just got has a old nokia cradle in it, hooked up in to the radio, and has one of those volume control remotes too. very nice, but the cradle wont fit my N78 (well i can push it into the cradle but my camera button is being pressed.
    found out i can remove the cradle and leave what ever is left :) and the blue tooth will connect straight into the radio.

i was also looking into one of those radios that had bluetooth built in. the 7in dvd screen type radios.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370130242039
    has a port for reversing cameras and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irish_Call

How about a Mr Handsfree - Blue perfection. This one has it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

towel401 wrote: »
    they don't make the good old car kits anymore with an antenna and built in charger. only this bluetooth ****e

Why the hell would you want a big ugly cradle screwed to the dash of you car ? It took too long for people to stop putting that crap into cars as it is. Changing cradles and crap when you got a new phone made it even worse.

The only advantage the old kits have over bluetooth ones is the chargeing and for that all you need is a plug in charger.

Advertisement