Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've got damp on my wall and a whole in my floor above the porch.

Options
  • 27-12-2008 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Is it fair to assume that the damp is related to the whole in the floor which leads to the porch ? The whole is about the size of a golf ball and it's to allow an electrical cable into the attic for the shower and to send a broadband connection to the attic. I'm in the box room so I'm at the corner of the house meaning of course I've got two hard walls.

This morning I had water dripping down the wall by the window. The radiator is on the perpendicular wall. There's condensation on the window too.

The radiator that's on the perpendicular wall is pretty much the length of the wall, takes up I'd say 70-80% of it I'd say anyway. My bed was in front of the rad but I've now moved it... to that my bed is up against the damp/window wall.

Advertisement