Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Jersey...

Options
  • 27-12-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

My girlfriend got me an Arsenal jersey for Christmas.
    However whoever did the printing on the back messed it up and the first two letters and the number are really puckered and look terrible.
    If I bring it back and show them do you reckon I'll get a replacement?
    We still have the receipt and it was bought in Champion.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Frisbee wrote: »
    My girlfriend got me an Arsenal jersey for Christmas.
    However whoever did the printing on the back messed it up and the first two letters and the number are really puckered and look terrible.
    If I bring it back and show them do you reckon I'll get a replacement?
    We still have the receipt and it was bought in Champion.

Cheers

Should get a replacement. Get into them as soon as possible and do not wear it, the more it looks like it might be wear and tear the less chance they'll be friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

SDooM wrote: »
    Should get a replacement. Get into them as soon as possible and do not wear it, the more it looks like it might be wear and tear the less chance they'll be friendly.

I put it straight back in the wrapping paper, made sure I left all the tags on and it's sitting on the dining room table. Earliest I'll be able to get in is probably Monday.

Cheers SDooM!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Trampas

Not to hijack the thread but I have a question about a jersey also.

I got jersey for Christmas from Champion Sports.

It is the wrong size.

Can I change it in any Champion Sports or do I need to go back to the shop it was original bought.

Trampas wrote: »
    Not to hijack the thread but I have a question about a jersey also.

I got jersey for Christmas from Champion Sports.

It is the wrong size.

Can I change it in any Champion Sports or do I need to go back to the shop it was original bought.

Depends really, legally they don't have to do anything as there isn't anything wrong with the product, but as long as there's nothing wrong with I can't see why not.

In fact, a quick butchers at their website reveals:

We offer an exchange or refund on any item returned with a valid receipt within 28 days, provided it is unworn and unmarked with original tags attached. Refunds will be issued in the same tender type with which they were purchased. This does not affect your statutory rights.

It doesn't specifically state that they can be returned to any store but it does say that online purchases can be returned to any store, so I cannot see why the same wouldn't be true of regular purchases.

SDooM wrote: »
    Depends really, legally they don't have to do anything as there isn't anything wrong with the product, but as long as there's nothing wrong with I can't see why not.

In fact, a quick butchers at their website reveals:

We offer an exchange or refund on any item returned with a valid receipt within 28 days, provided it is unworn and unmarked with original tags attached. Refunds will be issued in the same tender type with which they were purchased. This does not affect your statutory rights.

It doesn't specifically state that they can be returned to any store but it does say that online purchases can be returned to any store, so I cannot see why the same wouldn't be true of regular purchases.

Cheers. Tags are still attached

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

but if the product that was purchased is defective, surely it can be returned without any arguements if tags, reciepts etc are still on it. I am assuming the shop that sold it also did the printing?

but if the product that was purchased is defective, surely it can be returned without any arguements if tags, reciepts etc are still on it. I am assuming the shop that sold it also did the printing?

Yup, but that wasn't the case in the second poster's request!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

ahhh! I see, cheers.

I dont think they would bat an eyelid at changing it under these circumstances, but do it now, the longer the season goes on, the less chance of having a jersey changed.

Champion Sports changed no problem today even though jersey bought in a different store

Advertisement