Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&k sr25 Questions.

Options
  • 27-12-2008 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I don't know much about sr25s so I have two questions for those who own one or are in the know.

1. I am aware that G&G sr25 short mags are not compatible with A&K but how exactly? Is there any way to modify them to fit?

2. Is there any kind of flash hider that I can put onto the barrel as Its to long with the silencer and to ugly without it. I'll glue a flashier on if necessary.

Thanks for helping.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I would advise against the A&K, strongly,

When they first came out the quality was decent and they were decent performers, from what ive seen of the batches in the last few months though, theres a drastic drop in quality, firstly i noticed with a good few of them, the barrels had been chopped down to a measly 3-4 inches and the cut was horrible, it looked like someone had chewed it.,
    the air seal on them was also really bad and they came in at about 240fps with springs that you would see in an over the limit dboys., the hopups are really hard and with a few of them i noticed there was no nub in there, just the rubber, so no amount of adjustment will have any effect.
    another thing i saw with them is the little plug/fire selector indicator that sits in the right side of the gun was missing. there was one incidence of the RIS coming loose but it appeared the manufacturers had glued the treads on the delta ring so it meant tightening up the RIS was a huge job.,

If i wanted an SR25 type gun, I would get the G&G, wouldnt bother with anything else out there.,

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

I already own one:D The only problems I had with it was a broken charging handle spring and a crappy hop up, all sorted now. Solid like a rock, hit the barrel numerous times off of walls etc and zero woble anywhere.

Anyway, does anyone have answers to my questions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ahh i see., disregard the above then., :D

i havent personally compared the mags myself but i'll have a look at them when i go to the shop next week., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Cheers man, appreciate it.

Advertisement