Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to learn illustrator/flash!

Options
  • 27-12-2008 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

Basically, need to create a few simple graphics, and some animations.

I have just acquired adobe production suite, however as noobie, need some help.

I have seen lynda.com, has anyone used this? Is this site a very comprehensive source of info? If people have good experiences with this, I might sign up if it pretty much has full coverage of illustrator/flash.

Or has anyone any other good recommendations?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

lynda.com usually offers the first few chapters free/as a preview. Try them and see for yourself. They're usually quite good for the basics. Otherwise, try Help -> Tutorial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Great thanks I might do that!

If Im stuck I will come back here!

I need to create some graphics in illustrator and then some simple animations which will be in flash.

I also need to animate some line graphs.

I will get there eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Good luck & have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I find youtube great for finding how to do things in photoshop. Maybe I've just been lucky in the things I've been searching for, but I've found out how to do pretty much everything I've wanted to find out through youtube!

Just search "illustrator *task*" and you might be in luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

if you just want to create simple graphics, then I'd suggest just learning Flash for now. Flash offers enough tools for drawing for basic use. Illustrator is really overkill for your needs.

Here's an excellent site for learning the basics of Flash:
    http://www.flash-creations.com/notes/

Best things is to just set yourself a task and start playing. If you know anyone who knows Flash ask them to give you a half an hour crash course to give you a tour of the interface. Also, look on YouTube for beginners tutorials.

• Advertisement
Advertisement