Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you walk across the East Link Bridge?

Options
  • 27-12-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Stupid question but can you walk across the East Link bridge. Working in Grand Canal and just looking at accomodation around East Wall and trying to plan a route to work. I know you can cycle etc but just wondering are pedestrians allowed on it?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭steadyeddie08

Yes you can walk over the East Link and then down to Ringsend Church , turn right and over the bridge to Ringsend Road.

If you are working around the basin on the Sir John Rogersons Quay Area you could use the steps at the bridge and then walk over the lock gates on to Hanover Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

that's great SteadyEddie thanks very much for the quick reply, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Can be very handy for the <SNIP> as well.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I lived in East Wall and worked in Ballsbridge, its a grand short walk, a pretty interesting one too Speedway.

Dead handy place to live for town too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yes, but if you stop on the bridge when the bridge goes up, the operator will wave at you to move away so no stones fall on you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Free for cyclists to wander across too.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Speedway wrote: »
    Stupid question but can you walk across the East Link bridge. Working in Grand Canal and just looking at accomodation around East Wall and trying to plan a route to work. I know you can cycle etc but just wondering are pedestrians allowed on it?

Cheers!

There's the Liffey Ferry too :)
    http://www.liffeyferry.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I know you can cycle etc but just wondering are pedestrians allowed on it?

Yes, you can walk across. And be careful if cycling on a windy day, it can be lethal on that bridge due to the windswept location

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

yes
    mikemac wrote: »
    Yes, you can walk across. And be careful if cycling on a windy day, it can be lethal on that bridge due to the windswept location
    It never ceases to amazing me that people go to the bother of answering the question when it has been definitively answered already. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Stupid question but can you walk across the East Link bridge.

Yes we can!
    Bluetonic wrote: »
    It never ceases to amazing me that people go to the bother of answering the question when it has been definitively answered already. :confused:

Postcount + ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I've heard its a good spot to go fishing in the summer due to the depth of the water.can anybody confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Your not allowed to fish off the east link bridge and I've not seen anyone fish on either the north or southside of the liffey in Years.

They used to fish from under the Grand Canal Dock sign maybe 20 odd years ago (The Dodder/Liffey join) this was mainly for the sport as all you got was mullet.
    If your cycling in a car on motor bike you may as well head on up the lighthouse about 10-15 mins cycle or 2 mins in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

TheBlock wrote: »
    If your cycling in a car on motor bike you may as well head on up the lighthouse about 10-15 mins cycle or 2 mins in the car.

:confused::confused::confused:
    How does one cycle in car on motorbike???

Is the bike inside the car and the car on top of the motorbike?? :D

Advertisement