Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single women (aged 40) in Westport for New Year- where to find the craic?

• 28-12-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi

A couple of single professional women looking to know where is the best place to go in Westport on New Years Eve for some good craic.

Preferably somewhere with a place with a similar age group.

Cheers!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Ah you'll have no bother finding a decent pub in westport. The place is full of them and the age group is generally mixed in most of them.
    Cosey Joes, The Jester, Matt Molloy's, The West and The Clock Tavern to name a few!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Westport Woods out the quay have a weekly over 23's dance - i heard it was on New years eve, but i'll have to get back to you on that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Brilliant thanks a mill to you both.

As we are probably only there for a night or two we just want to maximise our time in Westport with a similarly aged crowd!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Well, just asked a friend and he said westport woods isn't on.

Well, given your age group, there's McGing's Pub on High Street which is a good mix. But leans towards the older age groups.

Then there's John's Bar on Peter Street (it used to be McHales) which has lots of people within the late forties/early fifties age group.

Then there's The Spinning Wheel on Castlebar Street which has the fifties age group, usually locals - but very welcoming. Same as Toby's Bar on the Fairgreen. If there's a group of ye, I'd defo recommend going to The West on the Mall for a look, and Lavelle's across the road. Both lively pubs and very welcoming towards non-locals. :)

Advertisement