Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic covers

Options
  • 28-12-2008 12:42am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently stumbled upon this link, which discusses comic book cover design aesthetics. I strongly suggest clicking on the link as there are a few comic suggestions that work really well - the Daredevil one, for example, would sell me the book in a way that the actual comic never has done.

This leads me to three thoughts:

1) What, if any, thoughts do folks have on the aspect of cover design within the Irish comics scene? I thought Mister Amperduke's cover was great; a really simple but sinister design, the puddle of blood at odds with the brick. The colour scheme adds to it as well. I've only seen a web-quality graphic of it somewhere, but the Irish Free Comic Day anthology cover by Declan Shalvey looked really nice too.

2) Does anyone have any tips for cover design? I'm fairly sure these could tie into website design for webcomics people as well.

3) Anybody interested in doing a Cover Challenge? I think it could be fun, and it would be a lot simpler than the full on Comic Challenge is in terms of time commitments.

Advertisement