Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game/Gamestop sale?

Options
  • 28-12-2008 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Do either of this stores have a sale? I won't be in town for a few days but I do want to pick up an Xbox 360 Arcade. But I'm not sure where's cheapest/best value for money, or where has sales running that include consoles. I know Toy City were doing 50% off in their sale but my local is out of stock completely, but there is the usual Game, Gamestop, Tesco, so on near me so if anyone happens to know what sort of deals or sales are going on....or even online retailers, for that matter! Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

in the states they have a big 3 for 2 sale on used games on. PS2 consoles down to $50. Gamecubes for $30

• Registered Users Posts: 83,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

there hasnt been a good sonic game since adventure 2 for dreamcast; and i replayed that yesterday - in hindsight, the controls were desperately poor and the soundtrack woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Uh...

Anyway...

Game's sale is strictly on their games. There isn't a whole lot of a difference in their console packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hmm. Want to get the 360 Arcade, but I can't seem to find anywhere will a sale that includes the consoles - not looking necessarily for a bundle, just a cheap unit itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I was in both yesterday, only GAME seemed to have any sort of sale and it was just a 5/10 euro off a few games.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Try Zavvi - they are clearing out their consoles at the moment. Arcade if memory serves me is only €119 - if there's any left thats a lot cheaper than we ourselves buy it in for ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Try Zavvi - they are clearing out their consoles at the moment. Arcade if memory serves me is only €119 - if there's any left thats a lot cheaper than we ourselves buy it in for ;)

was in zavvi. terrible clearance sale tbh. waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Overheal wrote: »
    in the states they have a big 3 for 2 sale on used games on.

They have that here too. Very good deals on 3 for 2 pre-owned xbox 360 games (including newer games like Far Cry 2)

Advertisement