Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m&s refund

Options
  • 28-12-2008 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi
    From the south but went to M&S in Derry to return a coat. There was a problem with my laser card at first (maestro) but then it went through and I have the receipt for my refund showing an authorisation number etc but that was on Dec 13 and the credit has not yet hit my account.

The same day the same laser card would not work at the M&S tills when I was buying more stuff so I had to use visa (not a funds problem)

I kept my receipt carefully because I was suspicious of the refund!

Spoke to M&S a few days ago and they checked the trans no and say the funds left their a/c

What can I do next? They say to contact my bank....I don;t know how they can trace it?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact the bank, and ask for their advice. They will be able to trace the original transaction, and hopefully can manually issue the refund to your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I know it's a long shop but there was only 5 working days from the 15th of december till the 20th of december when the banks closed.
    I know it's an electronic trans but it often takes 6-7 working days for a laser refund to clear. Let alone between state lines.
    My guess is that the trans has hit your bank but they just haven't processed it. Unfortunately it could be jan 3rd before you get the refund.
    At least it was a large retailer that would have batched that night.

Advertisement