Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any predictions on Economics 2009???

Options
  • 28-12-2008 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Is there many people doing Economics ???

Whats it looking like for the year MACRO/MICRO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Labour/ capital is quite likely.

Imperfect competition I would say will come upin some shape or form as a large part of Q.2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

we've been told to learn:
    the government and the economy chapter thoroughly.
    especially the advantages and disadvantages of a current budget defecit
    effects of increases in direct and indirect tax.

how banks create money

market structures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm thinking oligopoly for a market structure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

As a part of a question Id expect Keynes to come come due to the recent love-in with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xXannaXx

the budget deficit and also banking, bascially everything that has been in the news the past few weeks has everyone thinking that there will be a question on it!! thats what i'll be learnin especially cos the budget was earlier this year! the micro-there seems to be a pattern just look through the exam papers. hope this helps!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

whatever happens id say it will be 3 macro and 5 micro.Last year 5 macro came up,thats my thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

The Keynes idea, from Shamrok, would be topical with talk of fiscal stimulus being around lately. I never knew that leaving cert economics had a section on history of economic thought; maybe I'm just getting old. The point about banks "creating money" would also be relevant... If there's a section on central banks, that would be topical (in the world of econ nerds) too.

Good luck, budding future economists :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

are teacher says oligopoly will come up as hasn't come up in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

are teacher says oligopoly will come up as hasn't come up in ages

Micro
    Half and half Q.2 (Imperfect and Oligopoly)

Half and Half Q.3 (Labour and Capital) - Keynes

Macro
    How banks create money - Central Bank - Functions of the ECB

Budget - Everything

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

something on the impact of interest rates on the economy, functions of the ECB possibly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Yea guys macro is very like business which i do and I also do accounting
    so iam getting the three for the price of one icon7.gif plus LCVP(junior cert business)

I was think that if you just learned off all macro you would be grand
    and one micro

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In 2006 anyway, when I took up Eco in 6th, my teacher purely focused on Micro Economics, touched on Macro. The way the paper is (or was) structured, you could do really well in Either the Micro/Macro, attempt your way through your weak-spot, and still come out good. All I did was made some predictions on what Macro to focus on and studied ALL of the Macro.

I got an A2H.

@cowboy - no, its nothing like business studies. Go away with that "autocratic" theoristic BS. It was graded more like an Art than a Science - which is why I hated it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Economics is the study of the science of business though.

Advertisement