Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Sign Guy

• 28-12-2008 6:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

AAGV178-No309%7EJohn-Cena-Posters.jpg

The guy in the bottom left. He's at practically every WWE TV show. I remember reading about how he couldn't afford to go to Wrestlemania so WWE gave him tickets. But he seems to pay his way the rest of the time

PS - If you want to go off topic it's that easy! Don't get mad at orestes because I didn't bother that much about off-topic stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Never noticed that dude myself but I usually spot the old couple in the bright illuminous trackies, pink and green colour.

Can't believe that guy got free tickets. Wonder if WWE know these fans by name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He was on Deal or No Deal and some WWE guys came on stage when he won: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/archive/dealornodeal2

His signs almost always fit in with the show. I don't think that WWE would be quite so accomodating if he had pro-heel signs or whatever else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

:o I read the title wrong - I thought they signed some guy whose name Fozzy did not know :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wasn't there another biker looking guy who did that too, only he could also be seen at ECW/WCW events too? Man he must have been rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Remember the guy with the glasses and vest who was always seen near the front at WWF and ECW events, we met him in the TNA queue in Florida last march he's an interesting guy, he was at Wrestlemania too but he said he doesnt buy floor seats anymore as they are too expensive, he is on loads of DVDs and he doesnt look like a millionaire I was wondering how he afforded it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Ya the Sign Guy that Fozzy mentions..Every match supports the face..And hates the heels..WWE like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

He seems to be fairly popular on myspace as well. Has had some funny signs though. He was even featured in the WWE magazine a few years ago.

88358083_l.jpg

l_c6aaf282d6ca2e2c2165a14226104576.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

he is nearly as much as celeb himself these days as the wrestlers. just inside the door of the arena at the royal rumble in san antonio last year i saw a huge group of fans all gathered around this really tall skinny guy, i assumed it was an nba star or something, then when i got closer i noticed it was sign guy, everyone was asking for his autograph and a photo with him, earlier in the day todd grisham had walked around outside a couple of times, not one person bothering him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

His name is Rick, nice guy too I met him at Mania 23 and 24, there were people asking him for autographs and pics and he was really friendly with people, he was wearing a tux at the HOF this year but still had on the baseball hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Remember the guy with the glasses and vest who was always seen near the front at WWF and ECW events,

One of my earliest wrestling memories is this dude posing for the camera at most wrestlemanias. Think Tazz actually recognised him at the RVD winning One Night Stand. And we call ourselves fans..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

gimmick wrote: »
    :o I read the title wrong - I thought they signed some guy whose name Fozzy did not know :o

Ha, me too :p
    SDooM wrote: »
    Wasn't there another biker looking guy who did that too, only he could also be seen at ECW/WCW events too? Man he must have been rich.

ECW was known to be totally fan friendly, so i would say that te ecw guys would help them out if they couldnt be there at some shows.
    He seems to be fairly popular on myspace as well. Has had some funny signs though. He was even featured in the WWE magazine a few years ago.

l_c6aaf282d6ca2e2c2165a14226104576.jpg

That was the best one!

One thing that worries me:

http://www.myspace.com/wwesignguy

Listed under heroes:
    Late wife, poor guy.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I don't like him. If I see him at Wrestlemania 25 I'm going to hit him a headbutt.

If I was a fan, nothing more than a fan, I wouldn't go around signing autographs. ****ing looser

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I don't like him. If I see him at Wrestlemania 25 I'm going to hit him a headbutt.

If I was a fan, nothing more than a fan, I wouldn't go around signing autographs. ****ing looser

We live in a society where people are known, purely for being known.
    Gone are the days where people are held in high respect because of talents etc.

But why would you give him a headbutt? Like i'll be honest if i seen him somewhere i'd get a pic for the laugh, put on my myspace, facebook and bebo page and see my hits go up (:p).

But if hes known i wouldnt hold it against him.

he is after all just a fan. If people are going up to him with their OWN signs and getting him to sign them and treating his as some sort of king then its them who should be hit.

You're right actually, it's the spastics who ask this ****ing nobody for his autograph who deserves to get a dunt into the face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

You definately should, it would be a great idea. Headbutting a guy who WWE give free Mania tickets to while at Mania.:rolleyes:

Fair play to the guy is what i say. He obviously enjoys bringing signs to the shows and so what if he gets a bit of recognition for it - i certainly have no right to begrudge him of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you will need a ladder mate or be well over 6ft to achieve that aim. sign guy is 6ft 7in

You're right actually, it's the spastics who ask this ****ing nobody for his autograph who deserves to get a dunt into the face

He's a nice guy who has a lot of time for other fans and has made a name for himself by travelling around the country attending events, he's well known by the roster as well and gets to interact with the wrestlers (often right on camera) and does it because his wife who died a few years ago was a massive wrestling fan as well, yeah he deserves abuse from you:rolleyes: good luck trying to do something to him because he's huge

krudler wrote: »
    and does it because his wife who died a few years ago was a massive wrestling fan as well

Can that be sourced?
    Not denying the authenticity, but i'd like to know if he had his story written up about or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Me first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

He's a nice guy who has a lot of time for other fans and has made a name for himself by travelling around the country attending events, he's well known by the roster as well and gets to interact with the wrestlers (often right on camera) and does it because his wife who died a few years ago was a massive wrestling fan as well, yeah he deserves abuse from you:rolleyes:

^^^^^ what he said

Take the "I'd give him a slap" childish crap back to the playground where it belongs guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

One thing that worries me:

http://www.myspace.com/wwesignguy

Listed under heroes:

Late wife, poor guy.
    :(

Scott Weiland, poor guy.

orestes wrote: »
    ^^^^^ what he said

Take the "I'd give him a slap" childish crap back to the playground where it belongs guys

God, lighten up a bit. You're a mod, not ****ing Adolf Hitler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

God, lighten up a bit

I'd be inclined to agree with him on this. Despite the fact that i disagreed with what Gerard C said, he has the right to say it and shouldn't be put down as being childish for saying so (in my opinion anyway). It was a funny enough thing to say and evoked a bit of discussion so i personally don't see what's wrong with it.

God, lighten up a bit. You're a mod, not ****ing Adolf Hitler

^This will go down well

I really dont see what peoples problem is with him, hes a fan whos seen more live events than most of us have probably watched on tv,yeah he gets free passes but not to everything, lets be honest most people who post on here would give their left nut to be able to hang around backstage sometimes, why all the begrudgery? oh hang on we're Irish...

I don't have a problem with him going to shows, after all he is a FAN, what I don't understand is why a FAN would sign autographs, or why idiots would ask a FAN for his autograph. I've been to a fair few IwW shows, if someone asked me for my autograph I wouldn't sign it. Not being a dickhead, I'm just not a "celebrity". Neither is yourman who brings signs that aren't funny to a rake of shows.

krudler obviously got a lump of coal from santy too

Hes a fan.

Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

He's a nice guy who has a lot of time for other fans and has made a name for himself by travelling around the country attending events, he's well known by the roster as well and gets to interact with the wrestlers (often right on camera) and does it because his wife who died a few years ago was a massive wrestling fan as well, yeah he deserves abuse from you:rolleyes: good luck trying to do something to him because he's huge

I could beat him in a fight.

I could also beat you in a wrestling match.

Tait clock tomorrow at 12.30am. bring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

kyp_durron wrote: »
    I could beat him in a fight.

I could also beat you in a wrestling match.

Tait clock tomorrow at 12.30am. bring it.

Don't use posters real names in posts when replying to them please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I have nothing against the guy. He is enjoying himself and I'm sure he doesn't care about any ill-wishers.
    Fair play to him

Advertisement