Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match thread : Newcastle United vs Liverpool

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Hopefully this will shut up the people who are praising that Kinnear muppet, few injuries granted but in all fairness whats out there should do better than this...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

rafa away to get to the pie stand before the crowds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Another good performance
    Another nice win
    We did it resting some key players
    Insua played superb again
    Lucas played very well
    Stevie seems to be getting back to his best
    Big Mart is back
    We still have Nando to come back very very soon
    Top of the league on merit lads

What a wonderful day, if only I didn't have a stupid cold...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

How is that a corner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

What a save!!! Given..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How was that not a goal?

coco06 wrote: »
    i put a bet for us to win 6-0 @ 60/1. will make it worse if we get the 6th and it finishes 6-1..

jesus almost got it there, i'm sorry if you conceed 6 your rubbish, the performance against wigan continues today against a far better liverpool side. Wigan could hae scored 3/4. Portsmouth game a distant memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

liverpool win 5 -1 and given could get man of the match:eek:

liverpool win 5 -1 and given could get man of the match:eek:

would think that that would be fair enough, 11 players up for motm IMO, 1 from NUFC, although maybe Edgar might be in the running :)

Fair play, ye completly owened us today, best team we have played by quite a margin, we werent at the races at all today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

M5 wrote: »
    Fair play, ye completly owened us today, best team we have played by quite a margin, we werent at the races at all today

I see what you did there.:)

Stekelly wrote: »
    I see what you did there.:)

lol, nice typo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

I thought Benayoun played very well today. Just goes to show the importance of getting a run of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

I did something?

something some of the newcastle players didnt do! :rolleyes:

coco06 wrote: »
    something some of the newcastle players didnt do! :rolleyes:

no call for that!!!!! true tho sadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ardent wrote: »
    I thought Benayoun played very well today. Just goes to show the importance of getting a run of games.

to be honest, everyone was great today.

lucas has really stepped up his level since the PSV game he started and was excellent in. He would have had 3 assists today if the lino hadn't given a retarded offside call.

Yossi has done so much better on the right then the left.

Babel did much better then his recent sub appearances (though still a bit disappointing).

Insua, again impressed, though faded off towards the end, but who can blame him.

Sami keeping up his indian summer.

Need a pint or 10 after that, off to the pub :)

dont worry we'll flatten ye at anfield :-P

Cheers,
    Hate seeing that happen to a club I have respect for but it looks like we are actually starting to play really good football now. Keep that up for the rest of the season and we have a great chance. Let's hope Toon don't get dragged down near the bottom but I doubt they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I had a go at the team selection before the game and boy was I wrong. So many positives to take from the last few games. Being able to rest big names and still win in that fashion is fantastic. Lots of young players being given a chance lately. Insua deserves a special mention, he looks a great player and still only 19! Hes fast, tidy, has a good shot and can cross a ball. Add to that the fact that he can defend well also.

Lucas also deserves a mention. He has seriously upped his game in recent weeks. Hes getting lots of tackles in and winning balls in the air, his passing has really improved and hes beginning to get assists. Great to see, especially after being booed last month.

I was forever moaning that although we were getting results, we werent playing particularly well....or scoring enough goals. Well it looks like that is starting to change...and with Torres still to return AND Keane coming into some form....its turning into an exciting season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Great performance from the pool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Had to leave here at half time because a mate called down, but it only got worse after that.

Liverpool we're very good today, however, what was put in front of them, was woeful.

I have said since his appointment that Kinnear is not the man for the job long term, and that tactically, he is extremely limited. That is two awful back to back performances, on top of some very dodgy ones against Sunderland, WBA, Stoke, Wigan etc.s. Sure, we've picked up a couple of decent ones, but when you've got Owen, Martins, Given, Zog, Duff, Beye, and Jonas in you're side, that should be a given.

The performance today was a big wakeup call that the squad is far too thin, and that we need to strengthen in at least 4 positions.

Advertisement