Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn v Man City

• 28-12-2008 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Thought this should get its own thread as the other games are finished and this one is on the tv.

Blackburn: Robinson, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock, Emerton, Kerimoglu, Andrews, Pedersen, McCarthy, Roberts. Subs: Brown, Khizanishvili, Vogel, Mokoena, Treacy, Derbyshire, Olsson.
    Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Onuoha, Dunne, Ball, Ireland, Kompany, Elano, Wright-Phillips, Caicedo, Robinho. Subs: Schmeichel, Richards, Vassell, Jo, Garrido, Fernandes, Sturridge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

BBC saying Micah Richards has been dropped for Onuoha even though he is fit. Well its not as if he has been on form in recent games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

redout wrote: »
    BBC saying Micah Richards has been dropped for Onuoha even though he is fit. Well its not as if he has been on form in recent games.

According to sky he's still struggling with the injury he picked up on Friday and he's only on the bench for emergency reasons

Its amazing how Sky and the BBC differ. Jesus christ, were do they get their info.

Its amazing how Sky and the BBC differ. Jesus christ, were do they get their info.

A massive game of chinese whispers, purple monkey dishwasher

• Advertisement

Not Robinho's day.
    Doesn't win the peno and then that header..

How did Robinho miss that ! He was free and looked like he was going to score. Only one goal outside Manchester for Robinho and that was a peno. Amazing feat.

Goal..........

1 - 0

McCarthy

Keeper no chance there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Excellent finish yea, can see City scoring a few in the second half though, they better have Caicedo and Ireland in Fantasy Football :P

Fully deserve to be behind. We've been awful, and we're playing a team filled with highly limited players.

I don't see us getting anything out of this.

• Advertisement

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Fully deserve to be behind. We've been awful, and we're playing a team filled with highly limited players.

Agreed, but it just goes to show how far good organisation can get you. Hoping to see McCarthy flourish under Big Sam, always like him as a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I don't see us getting anything out of this.

I hope you're right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,129 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Goal..........

1 - 0

McCarthy

Keeper no chance there.

Was it just me or did Joe Hart look flat on hs heels fo the goal. He never moved. Ya'd imagine a top flight keeper would be able to make some sort of a move to close down the shot. Looking at the build up he never moved his feet from the moment the pass came in to Roberts till it was in the back of the net. Anone else think this?

Roberts and McCarthy are playing really well together.
    Blackburn are really outclassing City atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

It's ridiculous how topsy-turvy City are. Can't see them getting anything out of this.

Vassell coming on.

What does Hughes see in him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

very hard to tell the Man City players apart now.

Well worked goal.
    Great little pass into a dangerous area from Samba and fantastic header from Roberts, had to be right in the corner to guide it by Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

So happy for Big Sam, harsh on Sparky though.

Great finish by Sturridge, but some poor defending by Rovers imo.

• Advertisement

Q2002 wrote: »
    Great finish by Sturridge, but some poor defending by Rovers imo.

Aye. Adacious ball by Robinho. I know it was cleared poorly but I'm sure that's what City fans want to see him doing more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

94th minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Robinho = The Cucumber Kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,449 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

great great goal there - fantastic from Sturidge - but what the hell were blackburn at - terrible defending, really really terrible.

had 2-2 down as the result in the "I know The Score" game so 30points to me.

Good work in the build up and a great finish for a Robinho 94 min equalizer

Wow, that was unexpected.
    Fair play City for holding it together and keep battling. Unlucky Blackburn

Take a bow Danny Sturridge. That kid is special.

We were crap but I'll take a point.

How the hell was Tugay not sent off btw?

Gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

and with that robinho moves up to second best striker in fantasy footie. wish we had gotten him...silly money tho to be fair. probably a better signing than berba tho at the same price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,449 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Take a bow Danny Sturridge. That kid is special.

We were crap but I'll take a point.

How the hell was Tugay not sent off btw?

much the same way Ireland wasn't. (though his first yellow was a joke - should have got a second a minute or so later.

mormank wrote: »
    and with that robinho moves up to second best striker in fantasy footie. wish we had gotten him...silly money tho to be fair. probably a better signing than berba tho at the same price

12 goals in 16 games as a supporting striker is money well spent imo, even if it was a huge fee.
    much the same way Ireland wasn't. (though his first yellow was a joke - should have got a second a minute or so later.

Yeah Ireland was very lucky to stay on, and I was surprised nothing was said to him.

Tbh Webb once again proved what a joke of a ref he is between those decisions and not giving a peno for each team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

and for not sending Dunne off 3 minutes in when he pulled back the Blackburn player at the edge of the box when he was clearly the last man.

and when blackburn were making a fast break in the second half, the referee stood in the way of the ball and completely interrupted the play! Arsene Wenger was needed outside the referee's office to keep an eye on things methinks! :rolleyes: :D

Advertisement