Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cson's christmas cracker

Options
  • 28-12-2008 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a cringy thread title but how and ever....

Standout bet of the xmas holidays for me is at 6pm tonight in the Sportsground in Galway. This sees top versus bottom in the Magners League with Connacht at home to Munster. Connacht have an absolutely diabolical record against Munster having never beaten them in the Magners League ever. I'm also of the opinion the momentary fizz that beating Leinster at home gave Connacht earlier in the season has fizzled out (for want of a better word) and despite the Rovigo win before xmas Connacht won't be able to love with Munster tonite. Add this to the very strong team Munster bring to the Sportsground tonite with only O'Connell, O'Gara and Leamy missing off the top of my head. Can't see anything else but an emphatic Munster victory here. (And I'm a Connacht man :o)

So these bets stand out
    Munster -9 @ 10/11 (Boyles)NAP
    Munster winning margin >12pts @ 2.12 (Betfair)
    L. Mafi 1st Tryscorer @ 16/1 (Powers) NB Also, anytime tryscorer @11/4 is a good bet too.
    Munster -4 HT @ 10/11 (Powers)
    Munster -16 @ 7/4 (Powers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

cson wrote: »
    Bit of a cringy thread title but how and ever....

Standout bet of the xmas holidays for me is at 6pm tonight in the Sportsground in Galway. This sees top versus bottom in the Magners League with Connacht at home to Munster. Connacht have an absolutely diabolical record against Munster having never beaten them in the Magners League ever. I'm also of the opinion the momentary fizz that beating Leinster at home gave Connacht earlier in the season has fizzled out (for want of a better word) and despite the Rovigo win before xmas Connacht won't be able to love with Munster tonite. Add this to the very strong team Munster bring to the Sportsground tonite with only O'Connell, O'Gara and Leamy missing off the top of my head. Can't see anything else but an emphatic Munster victory here. (And I'm a Connacht man :o)

So these bets stand out
    Munster -9 @ 10/11 (Boyles)NAP
    Munster winning margin >12pts @ 2.12 (Betfair)
    L. Mafi 1st Tryscorer @ 16/1 (Powers) NB Also, anytime tryscorer @11/4 is a good bet too.
    Munster -4 HT @ 10/11 (Powers)
    Munster -16 @ 7/4 (Powers)

well that certainly went wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

christmas crocker

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

S.M.B. wrote: »
    christmas crocker
    Aftertimimg is quite easy isnt it. The unwritten code of gambling states "thou shalt not mock losing tips, as you werent forced to back them, especially tips given on an internet forum" Start your own thread with some of your own inspired selections and wel all have a look. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I would have agreed with the OP but as we all know, there's no such thing as a sure thing.
    First Con victory since 1986.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There are rules against aftertiming in the charter, so please familiarise yourself with it if you aren't already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ouch, that's after costing a bit. Apologies if you backed it on my drift. As an aside, being a Connacht man myself it was great to see them win albeit an expensive one in my case :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

Unlucky cson.I'm sure we've all had losing bets on matches we thought were as close to sure things as you can get.I'm sure most people thought Munster were going to beat Connacht in this one.At least, as you say, you have the consolation of a great Connacht win to soften the blow.

Advertisement