Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing Machine Connected to Hot Supply.

• 28-12-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Living in the current apartment a few months now but just noticed that when I open the drawer when the water is feeding in is piping hot. I reached around and felt the pipe connected to the machine which was also red hot. I could be totally wrong but Ive never known a washing machine to be connected to the Hot supply. It also means that its using the immersion water?

Anyone kind soul got some advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Some have both hot and cold fill. If there is only one water supply to the washing machine it should be cold. Otherwise you are wasting large amounts of hot water for 3 or 4 rinse cycles after the wash cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Thats what I suspected. I will do a full survey of the machine later on to see if any other pipes are connected. There is a plumber in the extended family so I can ask before I raise it with the Landlord. Cheers for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Run a rinse cycle and see if the water is hot. If it is, then you know it's incorrectly connected. Most washing machines only use the hot water feed (if fitted) for 60°C and hotter wash cycles. Usually a 40°C cycle will take in cold water and heat it as the chances are the hot supply will be in excess of 40°C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Well I put on a 30°C wash today and there was steam coming out of the drawer as the water went in so I suppose its an open and shut case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Well I put on a 30°C wash today and there was steam coming out of the drawer as the water went in so I suppose its an open and shut case!

I'm no plumber, but I'd say you have problem!!

I wouldn't be washing any delicate fabrics in that heat in case they get ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

id get that one sorted out fairly quick.. you say its an apartment so its probably pump fed.. its possible hoses for the cold water do burst when they are fed with hot and pumps dont help this matter.... as they cannot take the temp & pressure .. so you could have hot water being pumped into your kitchen

Advertisement