Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what type of dog food is best?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

I feed my dog Royal Canin and she's doing really well on it, my friend's lab was plagued with a skin condition which only cleared up when he eventually went on to Eukanuba Lamb & Rice and my mum's dog is as healthy as a trout on Red Mills!! It can all depend on the individual dog but I do feel that there's alot of rubbish masquerading as decent dog food.
    You also have to bear in mind that the right food (in the correct quantity) is only one step towards optimal health.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The first time that I took my two to a new vet she commented that they were in superb condition & had super coats. They are fed on Pedigree Chum complete. I have used PC for over 20 years & all my dogs have been in great condition & led long healthy lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cjbo32

Arden Grange all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nanuq

depending on the breed beta and royal cannin are good choices :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 joe freethinker

beta is best for coat and condition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 peterleonne

Not all pet food is made equally. A lot of it is full of corn, by-products, dyes, unhealthy preservatives, filler grains and all sorts of nasty stuff. A lot of pet food companies are perfectly happy to the dump cheap leftovers and things that aren't safe for human consumption (from human food processing plants) into their foods. Will it kill your dog? No, it has to be nutritionally complete and safe to even be marketed. Is it healthy? Not by a long shot.

Corn is a low quality ingredient you never want to see in your pet food. Corn and low quality grains are two of the biggest culprits when it comes to food allergies in our pets.
    for more info in this you can go through this site:-http://www.wagsocial.com/:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Our Newf has eaten Science Plan nuts since he was a puppy and it's been really good for him. He must be definitely getting all his nutrients anyway because his coat is so big and soft, he's the nicest dog ever :)

The nuts you get in the supermarket wouldn't be good at all. Science Plan can only be got from the vets I think and is around €50 a bag or so.

Advertisement