Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BULL

Options
  • 28-12-2008 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

I saw this thing being erected just before exit 18 on the motorway - Dundalk North exit, Ballymac Roundabout.

It is a large metal bull standing on the hill.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it - who put it there and why etcetera?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

I'm guessing that it is a commissioned piece of sculpture associated with the motorway and the bull represents the Táin, cattle raid of cooley story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

All related to this

http://adminstaff.vassar.edu/sttaylor/Cooley/

Cooley is junction 18 on the motor way or the next stop after the Bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Thanks a lot guys!

That's a novel on the vasser page!:D

I'm just surprised there was not more mention of it in the press or on the news.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mesenger1

Guvnor wrote: »
    Thanks a lot guys!

That's a novel on the vasser page!:D

I'm just surprised there was not more mention of it in the press or on the news.

Thanks again.

Hit the nail on the head!! Considering the amount of expense that was incurred in erecting the impressive structure its amazing how many people are still unaware of its presence even in the local area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

I must go and take a photo of it one of the days - it's pretty cool imo!

• Advertisement
Advertisement