Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popcorn DTS issue

Options
  • 28-12-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I recently gave away WD TV "media center" to my dad as a christmas present, and little did I know that it wasn't able to convert the DTS audio to Stereo. I should have checked that out but now I'm in a bad position and I need some help.

He doesnt have an reciever at all he only has a 720p Samsung with no other speakers connected so what I need is to get the mkv files to play Sound on his TV Speakers.

I Did some googling and from what I understand The new Popcorn Hour with the newest firmware will Downmix that DTS track and decode it to his TV Speakers without any external Reciever.. Am I Right ? I know the DTS track can be converted to AC3 with some tools for PC but he doesn't have the Skills to do so. What I need is To play Mkv x264 files with DTS through the hdmi cable..

Is this possible with the newest Popcorn or is the only way to buy a reciever/decoder ?

Thanks for any replies.. It's appriciated!

Comments

Advertisement