Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zavvi Are Muppets

2»

Comments

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Why does anyone buy xbox live in a store? It's half price on the internet!!

No Credit card .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

No Credit card .

Oh right!!!

What about a 3V card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Or a Wirecard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

On the Zavvi note. Has anyone seen the prices of games there recently? Lets play the compare game!! Only with ame, cos I cant be bothered shopping anywhere else!

Fallout 3

Zavvi: 59.99
    Game: 25.95

Gears Of War 2

Zavvi: 55.99 (They actually had gears 1 in the poster for it, FOOLS!)
    Game: 30.95

Lets end before it gets embarassing. No wonder they're going DOWN! These were based on my most recent Dundrum visit last week. It was cold....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I still wouldn't give my money to Game tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I still wouldn't give my money to Game tbh.

I used to be like that. Then I bought a game card. 65e sitting on it, and counting.... I spend waaaay too much in there.

Bastards still didn't hire me. I never found out why..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Bastards still didn't hire me. I never found out why..... :(

Awwwwww! :( worlds smallest violin man... :p kidding!

Speaking of Zavvi,I bought a pair of earphones in Zavvi in town (Cork) yesterday. Showed my 'Zavvi student card' to the cashier and he said they don't take them anymore!
    Plus on the receipt it says theyre in liquidation, didn't think twud be so formal tbh :eek:

I promptly threw the card into the bin outside...kinda symbolic of Zavvi really :rolleyes:

Awwwwww! :( worlds smallest violin man... :p kidding!

Speaking of Zavvi,I bought a pair of earphones in Zavvi in town (Cork) yesterday. Showed my 'Zavvi student card' to the cashier and he said they don't take them anymore!
    Plus on the receipt it says theyre in liquidation, didn't think twud be so formal tbh :eek:

I promptly threw the card into the bin outside...kinda symbolic of Zavvi really :rolleyes:

*All* of their stores are closing, so of course it's going to be formal ..

*All* of their stores are closing, so of course it's going to be formal ..

Yeah but I thought theyd continue on like before until they found a buyer. Obviously theyre more fooked than i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hopefully HMV take over the Liffey Valley Spot anyway

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Hopefully HMV take over the Liffey Valley Spot anyway

The one in Cork is really close to HMV so i dont think theyl buy it.

Was in there again today and i felt really bad for the guy working there, he had a scarf on him coz they couldnt afford heating and twas freezing!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I actually liked Zavvi for their 10% student discount. Gamestop only gives 5%. I got a bunch of new games in Zavvi on release day for €54 thanks to the discount. Also got the Rock Band instrument pack + game for €166 thanks to that discount, when everywhere else was selling it for €200+.

I'll miss you Zavvi!

Advertisement