Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

letseatin.com - anyone experience with them?

Options
  • 28-12-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience ordering from these guys?

What's their delivery time like? Is the food fresh / hot? Is it good value for money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I've had slow and missing deliveries. I'm not alone it seems (See google). I've heard worse...

(Oh, and they like to shill on boards.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Did you complain about these deliverys or give them feedback? Did you get any response from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Some of their dishes are delicious,others not so much. It's kind of hit and miss. That's why once I find a dish I love there I usually order the same one for the next few weeks. Delivery times are pretty decent,considering what you're getting. If you're not a fan of rich and filling food, you might not enjoy it so much though.

I'd really be more mainly for pizzas or chicken wings or what not ... so any of the fancy stuff wouldn't appeal to me much.

Random wrote: »
    I'd really be more mainly for pizzas or chicken wings or what not ... so any of the fancy stuff wouldn't appeal to me much.

Well I mean you can get all the kind of stuff at Dominos etc....

The pizzas and chicken wings are nice but I think the main reason people would buy those and similar items is because other people fancy indian,chinise etc.. and it's easier to order everything from one place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I've had items missing and 2 orders just not turn up. When I rang I was put on hold and then hung up.

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Well I mean you can get all the kind of stuff at Dominos etc....

The pizzas and chicken wings are nice but I think the main reason people would buy those and similar items is because other people fancy indian,chinise etc.. and it's easier to order everything from one place.
    Course you can get it all in any number of places ... but variety is nice from time to time and this is why so many different places thrive.

Sabotage wrote: »
    I've had items missing and 2 orders just not turn up. When I rang I was put on hold and then hung up.
    Ordered online or over the phone?

Did you ring back when you got cut off? (giving them the benefit of the doubt)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I think it was the phone that time having had online orders wrong before. I rang back and had to replace the order.

Imo, its a great idea poorly executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

We had a few people around with all different tastes so ringing them was a great idea. The problem was taking the order took forever. Food was ok there are much better places (IMO) in Dublin 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If i'm not mistaken i think the owners son was a boardsie! If i could remember his user name i'm sure he'd be interested in the feed back....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm sure he would, but he's sitebanned because he just couldn't stop shilling the place.

Hmm,I've never had any of the delivery problems mentioned but then again I only live two minutes from the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I had chips from there once, they were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Gave up using them, as the food (Indian, Chinese) and the deliveries were not a patch on, when it used to be called 3 in 1.

The old staff and driver's were much more realible and pleasure to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 robbie00

Gave up on the place after I ordered food for collection, I went down to collect ti and they delivered it(Idiots) so i had to wait even longer for my food. I amde them give me fresh food not the food they had sent to be delivered. When I got home the food was disgusting rang the owner to complain they cam and collected it i got my money back adn wont go near the place again. Pleanty of better places around.

If your only looking for pizza and chicken wings try the Italian retaurant beside the Spar in clonsilla it does lovely food at a good price or Dominos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

I had food there twice - delivery was around 45 minutes - not to bad - 4 of us ordered but we ordered a vairety of dishes (Indian. Thai, Chinese and Italian). Food was really well presented, all dishes were ncie - nothing special - but chips were awful :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Used to order off them a lot when they were 3 in 1.

Only a few times since they became Lets Eat In.

Chinese was grand, Italian dishes I had were dodgy and prefer Shimla over their Indian

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

Over time, I usually get fed up with ordering from the same place and like to change around. And every place usually has good stuff and ugh! stuff on the menu. And sometimes you're kept waiting for a delivery, and sometimes there's problems. I've yet to come across a perfect place, so I'm sure this place will have a sprinkling of all of the above in various reviews. So...

I use the one in Sandyford pretty regularly and it's great for when a variety of cuisines is being ordered. I like it. The food is good, the delivery reliable, etc, etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

If you ask something about a website, make a clickable link www.letseatin.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I used to use LetsEatIn for their Indian food and was quite happy with it. I would always collect.

I now get delivery from Bombay Pantry in Ashtown. Delivery is 3 euro. Food is great (Butter Chicken is divine).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've always found their food to be quite tasty when they get the order right!! I've had several dishes be wrong over time. It would be the correct name on the receipt but the wrong dish packed. I'd usually let it slide if it's something I or whoever asked for it would eat.

I had a major fight with them just before Christmas. I ordered online at approx 4.30 for it to be delivered at 7.10, and received a confirmation email of my order. 7.40 came and no sign of my food, rang them, the girl said they were having trouble with online orders and never got mine. eh yeah thanks I'll get food elsewhere. The girl said no no it's the company's fault put your order through. So I said I don't want to be waiting another hour for my dinner (I was starving at this stage). She said I'd be priority for the delivery man and it would be there asap. 50 minutes later the man arrived claiming traffic in Castleknock was mad, he wasn't coming from Castleknock to get to my house! I refused to pay and had to argue with the manager (who firstly made the delivery man ring me saying he had to pay out of his pocket). I forwarded him my confirmation email and have heard nothing since. Case closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

4.50 for delivery charge to upper churchtown road!!
    I DONT THINK SO!!!

Think ill settle for a domino's

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tiesto wrote: »
    4.50 for delivery charge to upper churchtown road!!
    I DONT THINK SO!!!

Think ill settle for a domino's

Well from Dublin 15 I would have thought that €4.50 was a bargain. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I've always wanted to try this place. So many negative respones though.

I don't want to start a new thread for it, but Mizzoni's is right beside it and they introduced a new 26". I bought it for the craic. Two days later, I had to throw the last quarter out. Immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

How much did the 26 inch cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

On the menu it said €26.70 for a plain margarita, but they only charged €26 even at the door. It came in twelve slices and with eight dips. Comfortably feed three or four people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

food is ok tasting.. not reliable wotsoever. One week food is perfectly piping hot, next week its stone cold.

the girl that answers the fone, cannot take an order to save her life. i order a plain pizza.. and ended up with halopinos!! even when I removed them, my mouth was still burning like crazy. you'll find extra items in the bag you never asked for, mouldy chips or pitta bread! i'll never send food back to a place for fear of them spitting in the food.

wont be ordering from them again unless i collect it.. id rather Revellos (beside Spar in Clonsilla) Im never disappointed with their food

Advertisement