Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What graphics card should I be looking for?

Options
  • 28-12-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Evening everyone.
    Can someone advise me as to what graphics card I am looking for?

I have a Packard Bell Imedia 4705 which I have decided to give to my daughter as she's just starting to show an interest :rolleyes:
    Anyway we got her a digital arts studio thing for xmas and when I tried to install it an error message flashed up and told me there wasn't enough video memory. I checked the card and it's only 32mb this software requires minimum of 64mb:( (my mistake cos I thought the card was 64mb:rolleyes:)

I'm not shy when it comes to fiddling with computers so I don't mind having to open it up to replace the card but I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for card-wise - I think I'm looking for a PCI card but not 100% and there are sooo many out there I want to make sure I'm getting the right one.

The Graphics Controller is an Intel(R)82810 if that's of any help to anyone.
    Please if someone can advise I'd be eternally grateful and it would help stop a 6 year old bashing my ears:D
    Bijou

Comments

Advertisement