Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GH:WT drum problems

Options
  • 28-12-2008 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

My snare pad (red) isn't working, this has happened to another friend of mine as well. Any one else experiencing problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

lots of people according to the forums about it.

Bring it back if it doesn't work. My GH:WT guitar didn't work and I brought it back and got a replacement straight away. The replacement worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I'm having some problems with the red drum as well. Cully, did they just take another guitar out of the box and give it to you when you swapped them?

Recon wrote: »
    I'm having some problems with the red drum as well. Cully, did they just take another guitar out of the box and give it to you when you swapped them?

I went to Argos and they just gave me a new GH:WT Guitar&Game box without any questions.

The problem I had with the guitar was that the strum down worked perfectly, but upstrumming, the controller wouldn't click unless you pushed it hard.... This wouldn't be considered a fault to most people, but when playing fast stuff on expert it makes a big difference.

Phoned a few Gamestops yesterday to find one with a Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii. Just back from there now with a new big box :) No problems getting it changed.

Phoned a few Gamestops yesterday to find one with a Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii. Just back from there now with a new big box :) No problems getting it changed.

Good stuff.. I assume the new one is working fine?

• Advertisement

Just tested them a little bit, heading to the girlfriend's house with the game for the evening so it'll get a good test there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any ideas on how to keep the drum pedal from moving all over the place when you're trying to play. It's very frustrating.

Any ideas on how to keep the drum pedal from moving all over the place when you're trying to play. It's very frustrating.

Drum pedal or Drum set?

The pedal hooks onto the drums, so they shouldn't move.

Cully wrote: »
    Drum pedal or Drum set?

The pedal hooks onto the drums, so they shouldn't move.

On the Rockband kit it hooks in, not on the GHWT. Or have I missed something?

On the Rockband kit it hooks in, not on the GHWT. Or have I missed something?

Sorry, yes, you are right. I was thinking of Rock Band.

In Rock Band, there is a problem of the whole drumset moving forward because you are kicking the bass pedal that's connected to it.

In GH:WT, my friend stopped it moving by buying a non-stick mat. A whole roll of it cost about €5... I can't find any good pictures, but argos, heatons, guineys, and the like all have it.. Any hardware store should also have it. I saw them in Maplin in dublin for about €5 also.

Let me know if you don't know what I mean and I'll get a pic. It's the kind of stuff you use when you've got a Mat on top of lino... Shiny :D but if you put this magical "stuff" under it, it sticks very well.

• Advertisement

I'll give that a go, cheers.

In GH:WT, my friend stopped it moving by buying a non-stick mat. A whole roll of it cost about €5... I can't find any good pictures, but argos, heatons, guineys, and the like all have it.. Any hardware store should also have it. I saw them in Maplin in dublin for about €5 also.

Actually, I found an roll at home which I bought in a eurozone type shop... Cost me €1.50 for a very large roll... would do 3 or 4 drumsets... If only the foot pedal, it'd last you years.

Also... Guineys have them for about €2

How did you get on?

I found an old fluffy mat so I put the pedal on that and it's way better now.

I found an old fluffy mat so I put the pedal on that and it's way better now.

SCORE! :)

Glad it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Red pad on my GHWT drums is after giving up on me!!!:mad:
    Tried going to activision support site to get them returned and fixed as they are still under the warranty but it says to return to the retailer!!!:eek:
    Luckily, my local gamestop were ok with replacing em. There waiting on new stock and told me they'd ring me and give me a new band kit!!

Did anyone have trouble with there pads and have to send em back to activision?

slayerking wrote: »
    Red pad on my GHWT drums is after giving up on me!!!:mad:
    Tried going to activision support site to get them returned and fixed as they are still under the warranty but it says to return to the retailer!!!:eek:
    Luckily, my local gamestop were ok with replacing em. There waiting on new stock and told me they'd ring me and give me a new band kit!!

I just brought mine back to Gamestop and they gave me a new set.

A lot of people have problems with the GH:WT drums... a quick search on google will tell you that.

They are nearly all similar to the problems the Rock Band 1 drums had. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I just brought mine back to Gamestop and they gave me a new set.

Did they just open one of the band kits and take out the drums and exchanged for yours or did you bring back the whole band set?
    Just wondering as my red pad has died :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

A lot of people have problems with the GH:WT drums... a quick search on google will tell you that.

They are nearly all similar to the problems the Rock Band 1 drums had. :/

Yea, I no alot of people have had trouble alright, but wonderin did anyone actually have to send there drum kit back to Activision or does the retailer always honour the warranty?

Yea, I no alot of people have had trouble alright, but wonderin did anyone actually have to send there drum kit back to Activision or does the retailer always honour the warranty?

I've never heard of someone actually having to send off the full drums.. I have heard of many people having to order the cable to "tweak" sensitivity though.

I do know that a lot of people had to send their RB drums back to EA... That was a complete pain in the ass... Gamestop just said to send to EA... It sucks because that break the Consumer Rights.. I should have told them I'm bringing it up in the small claims court.

It's bad enough having to lug a big box of drums back to the shop :(

Jesus.. does anyones drums last more than a month? I'd like to hear from people who's drums work... also it'd be interesting to know if they play easy stuff or difficult? My RB1 stuff was all fine until I played on Hard/Expert... then stuff started cracking and breaking :(

• Advertisement

Did they just open one of the band kits and take out the drums and exchanged for yours or did you bring back the whole band set?

nope, had to bring back the box, guitar, drums, game, everything and got a new unopened box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

my red pad broke when i got ghwt so i brought it back for a replacement
    and that one broke aswell

my red pad broke when i got ghwt so i brought it back for a replacement
    and that one broke aswell

Either you are unlucky... or you are hitting it too hard.

No offence intended, but if 2 broke.. You probably hit them too hard

Advertisement