Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Um, WTF?

• 28-12-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

Spotted this in Tesco there when the Irish Pork was recalled. This simply doesn't make sense:

14122008222.jpg

The 'Scottish Pork' was a sticker as opposed to being printed onto the thing - So this product was lying in the past? The mind boggles!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Spotted this in Tesco there when the Irish Pork was recalled. This simply doesn't make sense:

14122008222.jpg

The 'Scottish Pork' was a sticker as opposed to being printed onto the thing - So this product was lying in the past? The mind boggles!

Lying Tesco fookers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

This is sooooo 3 weeks ago, dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

SW81 wrote: »
    Lying Tesco fookers!
    Wouldn't expect any less from them dirty English b*stards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Oh, the dirty rascals.. They'd probably get around it by saying the recipe is Irish, not the ingredients, but we all know they were pulling a fast one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Is the "Scottish Pork" another name for Hamlet? That was a work of fiction too.

I don't use Tesco, in deference to their ridiculous price differential between here and the UK

• Advertisement

Wouldn't expect any less from them dirty English b*stards
    Wow.

/hands CantGetNoSleep and can of worms and tin opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Is the "Scottish Pork" another name for Hamlet? That was a work of fiction too.

I don't use Tesco, in deference to their ridiculous price differential between here and the UK

Do you ever shop in Dunnes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Kiera wrote: »

YORE FACE is sooooo 3 weeks ago

(I only updated my phone pics to my PC today)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah nobody cares anymore tbh

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Do you ever shop in Dunnes?

Nope, but her indoors insists on buying sweatshop clobber there on occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nope, but her indoors insists on buying sweatshop clobber there on occasion.

Do you shop in ANY shop that also trades abroad?

If not that really only leaves shops that are more expensive anyway (but hey, at least they arent sellign stuff cheaper to some foreigners ,eh)

YORE FACE is sooooo 3 weeks ago

(I only updated my phone pics to my PC today)

And your point is? You think that just cause you havent updated your pics onto your pc it makes it new news?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Talking about false advertising, I was in Supervalu the other week and noticed Big Als are selling a bag of 4 Quarter Pounder burgers.
    Thats all well and good, until I noticed the weight of it was 408g.
    Now 1 pound = 454g, and 4 quarters = 1. So WTF?!

Thanks OP for reminding me about this, cos I meant to send a very aggressive e-mail to Big Al himself about this.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Do you shop in ANY shop that also trades abroad?

If not that really only leaves shops that are more expensive anyway (but hey, at least they arent sellign stuff cheaper to some foreigners ,eh)

You do realise;

(a)That Tesco is by far the worst offender in its sector regarding pricing discrepancy between here and the UK?

(b)That Mata Harney told us to shop around, so we're only doing our patriotic duty?

(c)That anyone thinking that Tesco is the cheapest in their sector deserves to pay more, right?

Better to lie down and take it between the cheeks though, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Everyone is banging on about pork..let it go already.

If you want to worry about something read the label on your sausages tomorrow...some of yee are buying sausages with less than 50% pork :eek: do you lot never wonder just what makes up that other 50%?

Example: 2 suppliers selling sausages and one small supplier charges almost double for a 16lb box of sausages. Another supplier can sell you a box for €12 frozen.

So i ask the small guy why? the other guys sausages don't taste all that bad after all. He said no problem, he could get me the same sausages, but he prefers to put the saw dust off the floor in the bin ;).

So forget about Irish, Scottish or Dutch bacon, and read the ingredients!

And your point is? You think that just cause you havent updated your pics onto your pc it makes it new news?

Wow, just wow. If you're on the rag go be cranky at someone else. Congrat's, you've just made my ignore list

On a final note (as I won't see any more posts from you), the reason I uploaded the pic was NOT to bring back the Pork issue, but rather to point out that something was for sale in Tesco and the main selling point (ie. biggest text) had said IRISH in it so people thought they were buying local produce. Then the local produce goes up in t1ts and they're quick to point out the fact that it's NOT Irish pork, eventhough their previous selling point was that it WAS Irish

Kiera - You're too serious for AH, get out while you can! Politics forum is that way ====>

:pac:

Wow, just wow. If you're on the rag go be cranky at someone else. Congrat's, you've just made my ignore list

On a final note (as I won't see any more posts from you), the reason I uploaded the pic was NOT to bring back the Pork issue, but rather to point out that something was for sale in Tesco and the main selling point (ie. biggest text) had said IRISH in it so people thought they were buying local produce. Then the local produce goes up in t1ts and they're quick to point out the fact that it's NOT Irish pork, eventhough their previous selling point was that it WAS Irish

Kiera - You're too serious for AH, get out while you can! Politics forum is that way ====>

Meh. For someone who is putting me on their ignore list you sure as hell put a lot of time into that post. Excuse me if i only could be arsed reading the first line. I got bored. Happy posting, John :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

What does it matter, sure most chicken fillets that are packed are not from ireland. Theres a huge number of dutch imports. 100% irish my a***

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kiera, JohnCleary, quit the bickering, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Wow, just wow. If you're on the rag go be cranky at someone else.

Reported post. Grow up.

• Advertisement

tech2 wrote: »
    What does it matter, sure most chicken fillets that are packed are not from ireland. Theres a huge number of dutch imports. 100% irish my a***

Just thought it was funny that there were 2 totally contradicting pieces of information on the front of the product, nothing more

Wow, I though only bored housewives used the Ignore List. You learn something new every day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Holy sh*t!! That's a burn!!! :D I don't know which is better - the complete contempt or the utter vulgarity!! But I love it!!

internet_serious_business.jpg

Wow, I though only bored housewives used the Ignore List. You learn something new every day....

Who says i'm not? :pac:

Who says i'm not? :pac:

I've got like a 5th sense for these kinds of things (I lost my sense of taste in a rather embarressing incident involving semen* ages ago)

*the nautical variety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I've got like a 5th sense for these kinds of things (I lost my sense of taste in a rather embarressing incident involving semen* ages ago)

*the nautical variety

Did a sailor jizz in your mouth or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Just thought it was funny that there were 2 totally contradicting pieces of information on the front of the product, nothing more

The pic shows how bad quality control can be in this country. Enjoyed the picture all the same thanks op.

Meh. For someone who is putting me on their ignore list you sure as hell put a lot of time into that post. Excuse me if i only could be arsed reading the first line. I got bored. Happy posting, John :)

I know, I know, this pic again;

2497418285_622ddf609f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Am gonna boycott Tesco now, but where would i shop? Anyways i buy most of my meat from the butchers(they better be Irish now!)

• Advertisement

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Am gonna boycott Tesco now, but where would i shop? Anyways i buy most of my meat from the butchers(they better be Irish now!)

What have you got against foreign butchers? Post reported for hate crimes

Advertisement