Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Um, WTF?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Not foreign butchers, foreign meat!!

I know most of the meat is imported :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Is the "Scottish Pork" another name for Hamlet? That was a work of fiction too.

I don't use Tesco, in deference to their ridiculous price differential between here and the UK

hamlet was Danish, Learn your Shakespeare before being big and clever.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

hamlet was Danish, Learn your Shakespeare before being big and clever.:pac:

Hamlet was the "Scottish Play". Stick to stacking shelves and forget the ordinary level English.

Obviously they didn't cover puns either, just 4chan memes we've all seen a hundred times.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Hamlet was the "Scottish Play". Stick to stacking shelves and forget the ordinary level English.

Actually, it was for MacB... (Bad things happen when people say it.)
    If it were Hamlet, it may be rotten pork.

PS: Fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Karoma wrote: »
    Actually, it was for MacB... (Bad things happen when people say it.)
    If it were Hamlet, it may be rotten pork.

PS: Fail.

MacBeth
    MacBeth
    MacBeth
    MacBeth
    MacBeth

Insert terry banning me here

PS.

MacBeth

• Advertisement

Obviously they didn't cover puns either, just 4chan memes we've all seen a hundred times.

Hamlet is a tragedy by William Shakespeare, believed to have been written between 1599 and 1601. The play, set in Denmark, recounts how Prince Hamlet exacts revenge on his uncle Claudius, who has murdered Hamlet's father, the King, and then taken the throne and married Hamlet's mother. The play vividly charts the course of real and feigned madness—from overwhelming grief to seething rage—and explores themes of treachery, revenge, incest, and moral corruption.

and Finally, This moment is so good, i want to have sex with it, and produce lots of little moments, All of roundymooney ****ing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hamlet is a tragedy by William Shakespeare, believed to have been written between 1599 and 1601. The play, set in Denmark, recounts how Prince Hamlet exacts revenge on his uncle Claudius, who has murdered Hamlet's father, the King, and then taken the throne and married Hamlet's mother. The play vividly charts the course of real and feigned madness—from overwhelming grief to seething rage—and explores themes of treachery, revenge, incest, and moral corruption.

and Finally, This moment is so good, i want to have sex with it, and produce lots of little moments, All of roundymooney ****ing up.
    QFTT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You, my friend, are a genius, and it is a fcuking travesty that I can't thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I facepalm myself, and apologise to Agent Smith for my moment of dumbness.

http://resources.bravenet.com/audio_clips/comedy_clips/homer_simpson_-_the_famous_32_dohs/listen/

Way to be an ungracious victor, btw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You were hardly gracious when you told him to stick to packing shelves and insulted his intelligence now were you. He was just giving as good as he got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Get back to my order of a MacHamlet and cheese and a large fries, I'm starvin. ta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I heard Agent Smith is a recovering troll.

Confirm / deny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I heard Agent Smith is a recovering troll.

Confirm / deny?

Takes one to know one....

Confirm / deny?

Kiera wrote: »
    Takes one to know one....

Confirm / deny?

DENY

Roundy, forgive me, I tried not to do it
    Turned over a new leaf, then tore right through it
    Whatever you taught me, I didn't believe it
    Roundy, you fought me, 'cause I didn't care
    And I still don't understand

Back on topic,

So what if they sell British pork. Shop in an Irish shop if your so outraged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

and Finally, This moment is so good, i want to have sex with it,
    All the more so since the play isn't actually called "Hamlet", it's full-name, as given in the first folio was "The Tragedie of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark", while the earlier Second Quatro gave it as "The Tragicall Hiſtorie of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark". Neither of which make the Danish connection particularly obscure.

Kronborg Castle still stands at Helsingør (Anglicised to Elsinore in Shakespeare's rendering). In choosing the locate the long-standing legend of the avenging prince in recently-built but well-known castle Shakespeare managed to make it a considerably more popular tourist attraction today than it would probably have been otherwise.
    lots of little moments, All of roundymooney ****ing up.
    Isn't that called "boards.ie"?

Talliesin wrote: »
    Isn't that called "boards.ie"?

Harsh, but I lol'd

Advertisement