Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New XBOX

• 28-12-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Folks ,brother just got a new XBOX..however hes not in a broadband enabled area yet..is it possible to download the latest patches for Divx play back etc online. say burn them onto CD ??
    i cant seem to find the links on xbox support site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I may be corrected on this, but the DivX etc. codecs shouldn't be too big to download over dial-up I wouldn't have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Yeah, you can download and burn, and I think Microsoft will send you a disk with them on it if you ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

mcgovern wrote: »
    Yeah, you can download and burn, and I think Microsoft will send you a disk with them on it if you ask.

would the fall2008 patch from microsoft..contain divx patches. i just spotted that online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nope, the one you need for divx playback is "optional media update"
    Sorry, in work at the moment so can't look for a link for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/systemupdates.htm

didnt read it all meself. I have the updates. Ill have a ganmder around and see what can be found for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

seanybiker wrote: »
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/systemupdates.htm

didnt read it all meself. I have the updates. Ill have a ganmder around and see what can be found for ya.

cheers, i dont think that one has the media update for divx. Just the latest dash changes etc. I wonder can you actually get the media update on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It should be included. However it's a complete bitch to install. Only ever managed it once out of about 10 attempts.
    Best advise is take xbox to someone with broadband and update there.

Advertisement