Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ati Radeon 9600 losing custom settings

Options
  • 28-12-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've just hooked up my pc to a new tv (trying to move away from the oul CRT that has served me well over the years).

It's a 19" Hisense TV with a native resolution of 1440*900. When I set my pc to that resolution the picture is half off the screen. Now after tinkering with some settings I discovered that if I use the catalyst control centre and go to Monitor Properties -> Adjustments and change the horizontal synchronisation that the picture displays properly.

The problem is that if I change inputs on the tv or reboot it goes back to being half off the screen. I have to go back to the control centre and do the sync change again. Anyone have any suggestions that might get the settings to persist?

I've just downloaded the app from the ati website so I assume I'm on the latest driver/app version.

Thanks to any and all for advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Just in case anyone does come across this I managed to get around it by adjusting the screen position via the tv controls. This persists after power off/ source switch.

The joys of switching from a dedicated monitor... Still at least it's one less box in the room.

Advertisement