Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost car keys, North Cork

Options
  • 28-12-2008 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭

Just after realising I lost my car keys, dose, car has been parked for nearly 5 days now.:mad:

It's an Opel Vectra, any ideas of how much a replacement key is going to be and any way I can save money on the whole thing? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd start with your local Opel dealer, it mightn't be as expensive as all that. If it is too dear, there was a thread on here recently about some crowd in Dublin who supply replacement keys cheaply - I can't remember the name but a thread search might dig them out. Mind, it'd cost a bit extra to have the new key sent down to you. Five days - I take it you've had a fun Christmas?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd start with your local Opel dealer, it mightn't be as expensive as all that. If it is too dear, there was a thread on here recently about some crowd in Dublin who supply replacement keys cheaply - I can't remember the name but a thread search might dig them out. Mind, it'd cost a bit extra to have the new key sent down to you. Five days - I take it you've had a fun Christmas?;)

Yup, great craic. I wasn't even the last person to drive the car, it was dropped home for me!! :p Any idea what that company was Anan?

I was working with my uncle yesterday and definitely had them at that stage, gone missing somewhere in between. Need a car for tomorrow night though, a mate said I can borrow his Skyline for a few days so my next question is what kind of charge would there be for a temporary swap of insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If I could remember i'd tell you! Hopefully someone will be along shortly who does. In the meantime, you might do worse than to look under & around the passenger seat of your uncle's car.

Found the thread, it's the lock hospital.

Have the van turned upside-down looking for it, only other chance is it's at the farm we were working at. It's just the fact I need the car tomorrow evening that's pi$$ing me off.

At least I know any car I get as a loaner for a few days will be more fun to drive, have a 2.5 Skyline or a V-tec, Vtech noisy Civic on offer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Found the thread, it's the lock hospital.

Damn you beat me to it.:P

Best of luck with it.

edit: apparently Jims shoe repairs come highly recommended too.:D

• Advertisement

Damn you beat me to it.:P

Best of luck with it.

Cheers, I'm fcuking sick of this car, nothing but bad luck with it lately.

Can't wait till I can pass it on to my younger sister when I'm finished with it and go waving a stack of €50 notes at some beleaguered car dealer.

Just wondering, one of the cars I might be getting a loan off has been off the road for a few months, NCT'd but no tax.

Do the guards usually look for proof if you say you just purchased the car and are on your way home? A producer within 10 days or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Hi Kev,
    Cuneen's locksmiths have the gear to produce the modern type keys. You are looking at around €100 for a new key. Below €100 for Cuneens up to €140 max. for a Main Dealer key.

Advertisement