Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you look for a house?

Options
  • 28-12-2008 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

sorry for the almost rhetorical question, but Il be looking to purchase some property in the next year or two and to be honest i dont know how to start.

I have a look at daft occasionally to see whats available in the area im interested in.

i check out estate agent windows when i pass by.

if see a for sale sign in a garden, do you have to contact the number on the sign for the agent or can you just call up?

are there any other ways to get more research done, or other avenues that may potentially be missed by daft or the hit and miss world of looking in random estate agent windows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I found my place on www.myhome.ie about two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

myhome.ie and daft.ie really have a gigantic percentage of places for sale there is no huge need to look beyond them. After looking for a while you find estate agents you trust, at that point I would start looking at their own sites, [but not before tbh].

In terms of starting out, contact estate agents and get out there and check some places out, at and above your price range. The first battle for me was figuring out what I wanted inside the place [ie: do you want a fixer upper, or are you useless like me and want a place which is perfect and ready to move into right away! Maybe you have kids or a pet and need a garden, or like me you have neither and don't care about a garden etc etc] and second was where I wanted to live.

Once you figure out where you want to live, and what you want inside the house the job is much much easier..

But the fun part is dealing with all the estate agents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

some people like to look here for houses that have dropped prices in the area they are interested in:

www.irishpropertywatch.com

Advertisement