Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you play at a party?

Options
  • 28-12-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hey ppls. Was looking through the threads here but couldn't find one on songs that people have used at parties (stuff that you can dance to and enjoy listening to. Would love to hear songs you would use especially ones that haven't really hit the main stream:)

hear are a few that I would use at any party:

Scissor Sisters-I don't feel Like Dancing
    Village People-YMCA
    Elton John-Saturdays Alright For Fighting
    Fratellis-Chelsea
    Michael Jackson-Thriller

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

God theres loads man it depends on the crowd.I always find the following do well;

Wake me up
    Don't Stop me now
    Walk of life
    Always look on the bright side of life
    Walking on sunshine
    Mr.Brightside
    Teenagers
    Riverdance(for the comedy and the sight of it:D)
    Hills of donegal
    You sexy thing (or whatever its called)
    Brown eyed girl

any new chart stuff
    human,kids etc...

its all about the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It really does depend on the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei

French people love this for some reason even though its sung in Romanian.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

thanks guys, would love to hear of some songs though that not too many people would be familiar with:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Jesus tap dancing christ, what kind of parties are you guys playin??

A bit of this always goes down well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Always good for weddings & birthday parties ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It depend on who's there. If there's people I don't like I'd play "Angel Of Death" by Slayer. If there's people I do like I'd play "Angel Of Death" by Slayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Kold wrote: »

F*ck that sh|t

• Advertisement

Quoth is indeed an awesome track. I'm also quite attached to pushing the bass to max and blasting this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It really does depend on the crowd.
    Really does, and the type of party you want to have. If I had my way I'd play entirely electronic music, probably a lot of psytrance and non-commercial electro-house.

This I would have to play:

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Really does, and the type of party you want to have. If I had my way I'd play entirely electronic music, probably a lot of psytrance and non-commercial electro-house.

This I would have to play:

thats quite nice to listen to, no offense to the other folks but the examples you posted were too hardcore for my liking, but we all have our tastes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I dunno what id play, as long as the people controlling the music wernt crowd pleasing retards id be happy to hear something different than the normal ****e!

Although I would play 'Rex The Dog - I Can See You, Can You See Me'

thats quite nice to listen to, no offense to the other folks but the examples you posted were too hardcore for my liking, but we all have our tastes:)

Well it depends if you want people to dance I guess... Whilst it's a nice track, I'll save it for the downers.

OP, just tell us what kind of party it'd be. I was at a party the other night and no amount of boozing could get me over the top 20 sh*t they were playing. It's not to say your choices need to be completely obscure, they just have to be the right pace and not have people rolling their eyes at the cheesiness (Kings of Leon, etc). I love to hear a bit of Queens of the Stone Age, some of the better Daft Punk songs, Hot Chip, some Justice or Jurassic 5 or whatever I can actually dance to without feeling dirty (I just can't enjoy any of RichCRX's suggestions).

This is a great one, heard it played at many a party, not only is it an amazing track but most music lovers will know it:

Overrated as they may be, I can't deny that this is a banger:

Me myself though, I love to hear something along the lines of

or

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

4 fairly good videos I have to say, but sadly ive never been at a houseparty where those would be tolerated. Im used to the chart-topping song featuring 3 or 4 times in the once night.

Nice choice with Holden by the way, here's a song you might like, he played it when i seen him a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb0BXpojJlQ (id make people listen to it at a house party)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yeah, Kold it is a bit of a track for the downers (although that Vibrasphere album is weird, feels very chilled out, but surprises you by how much you want to dance to it).

Depending on my mood, I'd want to dance to something like this:

Or this:

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Try LCD Soundsystem 'Daft Punk is playing at my house' or 'Tribulations'. They're long tracks though, and you have to take into account the limited repertoire of dance moves most Irish people have...might be a good idea to slot something else in the middle, or cut it short :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Kurt Cobain FTW.

Anyone who says Basshunter, I don't want you to live anymore!!:mad:!!

• Advertisement

St Bill wrote: »
    Try LCD Soundsystem 'Daft Punk is playing at my house' or 'Tribulations'. They're long tracks though, and you have to take into account the limited repertoire of dance moves most Irish people have...might be a good idea to slot something else in the middle, or cut it short :pac:

I thought LCD's best track was Yeah (Crass version).

Also, who said anything about Basshunter?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

next time mention the party is for pansy's;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

I love those first 5 you gave above there, would like a few more along those lines:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

"Do you know the way to Amarillo" on a loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

deadhead13 wrote: »
    "Do you know the way to Amarillo" on a loop.
    You wouldn't get through one loop before you'd be playing to tumbleweed. :rolleyes:

I can't stand the way a lot of popular 'party' djs play the same horrible predictable playlist every time - they may as well leave Now 42 on shuffle. You can play good music and get people to dance without resorting to Man I Feel Like a Woman and having half your audience getting their coats.
    I'd say throw on Road to Nowhere -Talking Heads, Mirror in the Bathroom -The Beat, Hard to Handle -Otis Redding, I Got You(I Feel Good) -James Brown, It Don't Mean a Thing if it Aint Got that Swing -Duke Ellington, and you'd have yourself a crowd.

Here's a squarepusher DJ set actually:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Rodent Queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0S4fk74TK0

After every party I die...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Have to dance to this every time! In fact, Im dancing right now!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Roxanne
    Message in a bottle
    Rock the Casbah
    House of Fun
    Jump Around
    Whiskey in The Jar
    Brown Eyed Girl
    Chelsea Dagger
    Wearing my Rolex
    Old Town
    Weapons of Mass Destruction

Some of my choices

Depends on what party it is. I find the ones that everyone knows are the best that you can sign along to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

WTF is that???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

DarkJager wrote: »
    Always good for weddings & birthday parties ;)

oh jaysus

Advertisement