Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Composite Decking Imports

Options
  • 28-12-2008 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi

Has anyone ever imported composite decking from the UK or the US with the aim of saving a few bob? I'm looking to purchase some but the prices in Ireland are astronomical on average 55 euro and up per square meter.

Given the strength of the euro against sterling is there an alternative in the uk? I need about 100 square meters. The reason I'd like to go with the composite is because we live near the sea and get blasted by salty wet weather very often. We've got Tobermore paving down already and thought this would be a hard weather survivor but the cement is bleeding up through all of it (efforvesence I think its called) and is very unsightly.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Phoenix1

Try Whiteriver Composite Decking. They have a hollow board which is well priced and also do matching accessories. Most of other brands on the market are well over 60 per m2. Do't think you'll save anything on importing from the States http://wogans.com/Decking_c.aspx

Advertisement