Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowling Balls!!

Options
  • 29-12-2008 12:43am

Any body know anywhere in dublin that sells and drills balls?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

Dont have a clue but i would like to know also and prices to please anyone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

LAst time I checked both Tallaght and Stillorgan had a pro shop. It's been a while though.

Prices ??? My Black Hammer cost £125 way back when a pint cost £2.50. :eek: And the Cobra was about the same. What a ball. Give me a nice dry lane and watch that thing demolish those pins. I can hear it now.

Looks like they're a bit cheaper now though.

Ebay listing here and here

I'm not recommending either of these balls, I have no clue what their properties are or what kind of lanes they're suited to or anything ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Ha Ha "sells and drills balls"

I am 5

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

There are many places that do this, a top line ball is roughly €200-€300
    that includs drilling, drilling i think is €40 that is for 2 finger grips and a thumb slug which is the best way to drill the ball, the link is a site for grips that they use there are a couple but these are the ones i use

Vise www.viseinserts.com

need to know any more just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

urbanledge wrote: »
    Any body know anywhere in dublin that sells and drills balls?:)
    Donkathon wrote: »
    Dont have a clue but i would like to know also and prices to please anyone? :D

Lads, are you looking for a ball that will 'hook' on the lane? Go to the centre that you would normally bowl at and find out if they lay a light, medium or heavy oil on the lanes, that can be important and determine the type of ball you buy, but even if you buy the 'wrong' type, it can be drilled to make it 'right' again :)

Prices range dramatically! The Ebonite Maxim is an excellent ball for beginners and is quite cheap at about £50-60 (undrilled). The more advanced balls can get quite expensive :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Give Alsaa a call. Del Delaney is your man to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

there are many pro shops in dublin

XL Bowl Palmerstown - Gary Kennedy
    Alsaa - Del Delaney
    Leisureplex Stilorgan - Barry Brown
    Leisureplex Tallaght - Norman
    There is one driller from the north Ryan Press he does come down to alsaa on the weekends i think http://www.rpsbowling.rpsenterprise.com/ for more info.

if you ring the center i am sure they will give you there number

If you intend to go to Gary Kennedy in XL Palmerstown if you ask Me i will put you on to him as he does my equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Folks i was clearing out some stuff and came across some of my old bowling equipment from back in the day when i played. I was wondering is anyone interested in taking it. 3 bowling balls 15lbs, 1 blue hammer / 1 columbian, Ti boss 2 model 15lbs, 1 columbian 300 series ball, for taking spares. In good condition. Got a carry bag that holds 2 bowling balls, its pretty dusty as its not been used in god nows how long. Pair of size 10 shoes in there aswell good condition just give them a clean up.

Folks i was clearing out some stuff and came across some of my old bowling equipment from back in the day when i played. I was wondering is anyone interested in taking it. 3 bowling balls 15lbs, 1 blue hammer / 1 columbian, Ti boss 2 model 15lbs, 1 columbian 300 series ball, for taking spares. In good condition. Got a carry bag that holds 2 bowling balls, its pretty dusty as its not been used in god nows how long. Pair of size 10 shoes in there aswell good condition just give them a clean up.

DO you get the Honda Civic aswell? ;)

Funny enough i do drive a Civic. But i had the username first

• Advertisement

I know you do.... its black... and its got a fancy stereo.... How's the Car alarm these days??:p:p:p

alarm still doing my head in and the stereo is gone.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tweak33

what luck!!! ive been looking to get bowling more in alsaa and considering joining a league but have issues with the sizes of finger holes in the alley balls everywhere. id be very interested in the balls that your looking to get rid of. can you give me a price on each and where you are so that i could take a look at them?

Dudes, please take this to adverts.ie. We're not allowed to sell stuff on boards.ie. Make sure you read the advert rules over there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shagadelic62

Hey buddy do you still have the old bowling gear? Would you text me?

EDIT:
    Please send me a PM for my number...

I've removed the phone number shagadelic, not a good idea to post it online! I've edited your post to say that he should send you a Private Message to contact you instead.

Advertisement