Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap hotels

Options
  • 29-12-2008 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Anyone know of a cheap centrally located Hotel or B & B in Sligo Town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

There are three hostels in Sligo Town:

1) The White House Hostel - most centrally located across the river from the Glasshouse hotel, but only has dorm beds. Plus side is it's only 18 euro per night, if I remember correctly. Have heard there are a lot of longterm male tenants, however.

2) The Railway Hostel - directly next to the railway/bus station so it's essentially in town as well. The owner is Sean and he's lovely. There are double rooms but I don't think there are any double ensuites. No kitchen, just a microwave.

3) The Harbour House - Farthest out, it's about a 10 minute walk down an unlit street (although it's perfectly safe as you're far more likely to encounter problems in the lit areas of Sligo, ie O'Connell Street or in front of Abrakestabra) It has three double ensuite rooms (50 euro per night or 40 as a single person), the owner is a bit gruff but he's actually sound. It has a full kitchen and free tea & coffee, free broadband wireless & there's a computer for guest use as well. There's also TVs in most of the rooms.

If B&Bs are more your thing, there actually aren't that many inside the town but there are a few that aren't too far out. There's one on the strandhill road called St-Anthony's B&B, it's run by a super nice lady and the rooms are just lovely - if you're interested in the number just pm me and I'll phone someone I know will have it :) There are also several on the Pearse Road around the Sligo Park Hotel.

Alternatively, just phone up the Sligo Tourist office and they'll sort you out (although if you book through them they'll charge you a fiver, so just get the numbers and book yourself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Riverside Suites Hotel opening soon as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Culchie wrote: »
    Riverside Suites Hotel opening soon as well

Is that what their calling it now? Riverside suites eh?

Advertisement