Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DrumHell - Could YOU do this?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Well Guitar Hero has been accepted into Pro Gaming and Rock Band (2) could also head that direction...But first, there are some world records to be broken.

Back in July, Feica, who goes by the nickname “H2O Phr34k”, decided to test his mental and physical stamina by running his first “Drum Hell” session, a marathon of 26 hours that took him through every available song (235 including downloadable content) in the original Rock Band title. By the conclusion of the event, Feica picked up a world record, several new record game scores, and quite a few fans. But exhausted as he was, plans were already in the works for the sequel event, Drum Hell 2 – which will be held on January 2nd, 2009 and streamed live over the internet to viewers worldwide.

This event will entail two players battling through every song in RB2 (now 530 songs...approximately 60 hours!) - H2O Phr34k and Scoggins, known in game as “H2O Someguy913”.

For Drum Hell 2, both players will be using custom designed electric drum kits. Both drummers will be taking donations to support the United Way, and viewers will be able to watch the competition live online at http://drumhell.pmsclan.com/

Sounds like quite the challenge! Not sure I could play any game for that long :D But then record breakers do crazy things (next stop for David Blaine perhaps - although it would require him to do stuff. hmmm...)

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats very impressive. Expert, I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yep...Just one more reason why mere mortals such as myself couldn't attempt it!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

The first one was amazing,this ones going to be pretty good with someguy playing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

pr34k and someguy913 are already seriously awesome at RB.... Activision or Harmonix should contact them and get some sponsorship n stuff going... money to be made :P

And no.. I couldn't do it.... I could probably manage about 16 hours at stuff I can pass... There's people who've done this on DDR, and other "rhythm games" aswell... Funny thing is.. I could probably manage longer on DDR :P Even at expert levels.

Cully wrote: »
    pr34k and someguy913 are already seriously awesome at RB.... Activision or Harmonix should contact them and get some sponsorship n stuff going... money to be made :P

And no.. I couldn't do it.... I could probably manage about 16 hours at stuff I can pass... There's people who've done this on DDR, and other "rhythm games" aswell... Funny thing is.. I could probably manage longer on DDR :P Even at expert levels.

phr3ak wanted to do a DDR marathon but then he had an accident and hurt his legs really badly so he did the drum marathon instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Yes :D

These guys play this like 6+ hours a day anyway, so this will just be the same as an all nighter to these guys :P

"Access to this site is denied"

I guess I won't be looking then if it's block at work :(

Connection timed out here. I'd say the site is hammered.

• Advertisement

Still ongoing and the quality seems to have remained high - mostly 99% scores! Still a long way to go though (approx 400 songs) including the nightmare and challenging songs. Fair play to them though!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yep these lads are pretty amazing. Would love to give this a go but wouldn't be able to do anything higher than Medium to get 99% scores :D. If you were playing this many songs you would need an electronic kit as well. Which I dont' have :(

Just watched it for a bit... these guys are very good. They took about a 5 minute break after one song though.

304 songs in (out of 533). Challenging ones start about 40 songs from now, with Nightmare and Impossible to follow. They'll be going for the night. :)

Nearly there! Only 20 songs left...Tuned in just there though and they have waned a little bit (no surprise!). Slumping down over kit at break. But fair play to them; keeping at it and keeping scores right up there (few slips but can be forgiven!)

🤪

Advertisement