Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Medicine

Options
  • 29-12-2008 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,

Recently completed a mediocre arts degree, ie, not a 2:1 but decided i would love to do medicine, and am still confident i have smarts for it, but just wasnt motivated in arts.

Anyway i know about the 4 year graduate course but unfortunately realise i need a 2:1 to get in.

So just wondering if anyone could recommend a next step to turn the bad arts degree into a 2:1, ie, does anyone know of any good postgrad diplomas that would set me up, preferably in a year or so? or is repeating the arts the best option?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Well, a pass arts degree won't get you in. Try emailing the course director and ask about relevant H-Dips they could recommend. No idea if they will ignore the primary degree, though, and base it solely on recent graduate work. Might want to ask the relevant person that too. Is the 2.1 a stated bare minimum, or a recommended minimum? A pass arts degree is really pushing it for graduate entry to anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Tind777

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Prime Mover

You might save a few quid but you would want cast iron assurances you can get an intern position here in 6 years time.

To the OP, repeating your leaving would be the best option I think. Probably a lot less hassle than trying to fix your undergrad score and sit the GAMSAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lyingeyes

Id recommend repeating your leaving cert for medicine,... perhaps try a grind school....? mabe its not to late to go back after christmas, although it would require alot of hard work. Im repeating for medicine this year in a grinds school and i find it very good as i probably would not have been able to do he two year course in one year in a public school. Does anyone have any advice on preparing for the hpat exams??

Advertisement