Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here play FM on a Mac?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

If so, care to help me with a little problem I'm having with the display.

The default display is windowed, so it still has the menu bar at the top and the dock at the bottom. While this is all well and good, the games window runs to the bottom of the screen, meaning the dock is blocking the lower 10% of the screen. I guess I could live with it, but I'd still rather prefer to see the full screen.

But, when I switch to full screen mode, while the dock disappears, two huge black bars appear on either side of the screen, like when youre watching a 4:3 video on a widescreen display.

Is there anyway you can get the best of boths worlds? Aka: a full screen from top to bottom and side to side without docks blocking the screen and no black bars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Simply download the file below, and place it within your football manager folder with the .app. Its only a .txt file btw

http://rapidshare.com/files/137149984/command_line.txt.html

Let me know if this works. There are other options you can try if it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Nope, doesn't work :( Downloaded the file, placed it in the app folder alongside the launch icon, data editor, readme etc but still nothing.

Run FM with command line options, you need to run the game from the command line (Terminal, in Mac OS X).

Navigate to the main FM application file, usually by using the following command:

cd /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2007/
    Press return. Then you need to navigate into the actual application bundle:

cd fm.app/Contents/MacOS/
    Press return again; now run the FM command line application with the command line options you like, e.g:

./fm --windowed
    You must include the "./" otherwise the system will display an error.

Then go here http://sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=199 and scroll down to the full screen command and try that. I know it says it's for FM07, but SI has had the same commands for nearly every FM game.

Try that and let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thanks a lot for that, but I just found another way to do it, and now its perfect.

Basically I found a website (http://www.macworld.com/article/55321/2007/02/hidemenubar.html) that showed me how to automatically hide and show the menu bar and dock for certain programs, like hiding the dock when using google earth, or hiding both for FM, which I've just done now. Took a few mins, but got it working and now I can enjoy FM in all its full screen glory :D

Thanks a lot for your help though, much appreciated.

deise59 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for that, but I just found another way to do it, and now its perfect.

Basically I found a website (http://www.macworld.com/article/55321/2007/02/hidemenubar.html) that showed me how to automatically hide and show the menu bar and dock for certain programs, like hiding the dock when using google earth, or hiding both for FM, which I've just done now. Took a few mins, but got it working and now I can enjoy FM in all its full screen glory :D

Thanks a lot for your help though, much appreciated.

Ha that was the next link I was going to send you. SI forums is where you got that from :) The same threat pointed towards my command line route either way same result. Glad to help... in some shape or form.

• Advertisement
Advertisement