Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Extention

• 29-12-2008 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

yay first thread...

well here i goes..

Ive already got two tatoos, one nasty ass one on my wrist, and then a nice pretty one on my neck of 3 stars and a treble clef, its a little small and i kinda want to have it extended a bit down my back but my problem is i dont know what i want...
    i was thinking maybe more tiny little music notes and star dust??
    ahhh i dunno can any one help me out..
    also recommendations of good cheapish places in dublin to get em done, apart from the krazy kats kip in ballyfermot??xx:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

also recommendations of good cheapish places in dublin to get em done, apart from the krazy kats kip in ballyfermot??xx:eek:

Forget trying to get a "cheapish" tattoo, unless you want another one that you regard to be nasty as well. You're way better off saving a bit of money up, and getting a good job done instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 coconut-butter

Forget trying to get a "cheapish" tattoo, unless you want another one that you regard to be nasty as well. You're way better off saving a bit of money up, and getting a good job done instead.

well a mate got one in zulu for 100euro it was tiny and IMO a waste of money .. i mean cheap as in under 400 euro or so. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

well a mate got one in zulu for 100euro it was tiny and IMO a waste of money .. i mean cheap as in under 400 euro or so. :o

There's a minimum charge in most, if not all tattoo studios.

So even the smallest of tattoos can be charged for a full hour. It'd have to be fairly big to reach €400 in most cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just really depends on the size of your tattoo, how intricate it is, and the level of shading required. These will all determine how long it takes to complete, which will dictate the price.

Once you are sure about what you want, you could pop into a tattoo studio which has an artist who is good at the style you want, and discuss pricing with them.

Alternatively, you could have a look at some portfolios, find an artist whos work you like, and go visit them to discuss ideas, and get them to come up with a design for you.

And remember, just because you go in and talk to an artist about what you want done or the price, it does not mean you're tied to the place! If you're not happy with what they are coming up with, try somewhere else. If the artist drew up designs for you though, it may be common courtesy to give them something for their time

Advertisement