Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How hight is high milage??

Options
  • 29-12-2008 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

So I'm loking around for a car at the moment and I've seena nice looking Mazda 6 (2003) with 92,000 miles for €6450 which is right in my budget. Thing is I'm a bit wary of buying a car with that kind of mileage on it.
    Wadya reckon??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Well it all depends on the car and the type of miles done, A car that has 50,000 motorway miles on it would prob be in better shape than a car that has 30,000 town miles on it...

Mazda is probably one of the most reliable cars around so it should hold up ok... Timing belt may have to be done but afaik that should have been done around the 65k mark... I may need to be corrected on that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its reckoned the average miles per year is around 15K

This would make your 03 Mazda 6 an average milage car.

92,000 /6 = 15,300 miles per year ( 03,04,05,06,07,08, = 6 years )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Is it petrol or diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

beeten by a min and your better off going for a diesel (better when the time to sell comes)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

scubagit wrote: »
    So I'm loking around for a car at the moment and I've seena nice looking Mazda 6 (2003) with 92,000 miles for €6450 which is right in my budget. Thing is I'm a bit wary of buying a car with that kind of mileage on it.
    Wadya reckon??

No problem at all - all of the major components should be good for another 70,000-100,000 miles.

On the cost front , just bear in mind that there will be some minor expenses which are not usually present in lower mileage cars - suspension bushings, belts, pumps etc. These are not a big deal considering that you have dodged the bulk of depreciation, which is the biggest expense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement