Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommended Reading?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hey all!

So, I've finally decided that it's time to start Driving Lessons and I'm aiming to get my full licence in 6 months time so fingers crossed on that count! :D

I'll be ringing around various driving schools/instructors when they re-open in January, however in the mean time I'm wondering if there's any books which would be beneficial to me regarding driving, preparing for the test, the rules of the road etc..?

I've already done the Theory Test so I still have that book, and I also have The Rules of the Road book which was issued by the RSA last year.

Would any other books/DVD's be beneficial to me, or are they a bit of a money spinner and would I just be better with lessons and LOTS of practice?

If anyone knows of any good/helpful books though I would certainly love to try them out!

In other news I got my Dad to let me take the car for a bit of a session in a nearby car park, tbh didn't get to do much other than going round corners, driving straight on, stopping and starting etc.. Did try a bit of reversing and turning round corners though which went rather well, so I have to say I'm really looking forward to starting lessons and seeing how I get on! :)

Comments

Advertisement