Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is why I love boards

Options
  • 29-12-2008 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

I had been having some trouble running a game on my Macbook, so I posted a thread over on the relevant forum asking could it be fixed. Now, that particular forum isn't the busiest of places, and the specific problem I had was pretty unique, so I wasn't expecting many people to be able to help, and I definitely wasn't expecting a reply until tomorrow at least.

But within a few minutes of posting, Ardscoil Ris replied to me giving me a tip. It didn't work, but after a bit more help from the poster who obviously went out of his/her way to research some solutions for me, the problem was fixed within the hour, just like that.

It's the little things like that that make me keep on coming back here. The poster was really helpful and I wouldn't have been able to fix it if it weren't for the tips he/she sent me.

Mods, you can lock this thread if you like, but I just wanted to show a little snippet of just how helpful this site can be and why it's so popular. And rightly so.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

This one time on boards a guy had spots on his pecker

Thats why i keep comming back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

*slurrrp*

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Nice to read some positive feedback.
    Some forums may be quiet but they are still active for specific issues such as yours.
    Online communities such as boards are great for sharing information.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

We dont often here stories like this but Im sure almost every poster has one. Its always nice to hear them.

I know boards has helped me out on more than one occasion! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

faceman wrote: »
    I know boards has helped me out on more than one occasion! :)
    Same here. It has certainly helped me on a few occassions and even from looking through various threads at random, the amount you learn is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I thought that what forums were for?
    Every forum site I've visited over the years has helped me. (I am one of these useless lazy dumb types)
    Glad your problem was solved though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I thought that what forums were for?
    Every forum site I've visited over the years has helped me. (I am one of these useless lazy dumb types)
    Glad your problem was solved though. :)

It's more than that on boards though ,theres a far more personal/community feel on boards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

deise59 wrote: »
    I just wanted to show a little snippet of just how helpful this site can be and why it's so popular. And rightly so.

The money should be in your account by 12 noon tomorrow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

311 wrote: »
    It's more than that on boards though ,theres a far more personal/community feel on boards.
    Thumped forums
    HLCCL forums
    Are exactly the same, it's just like drinking in your local I guess. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye, each has its local flavour and each admin team (who in general know each other and get along!) pitch their site based on the texture of moderation, friendliness, orderlyness etc... Each to their own, clearly our approach is working but there are people who dont like Boards and prefer other sites and thats ok too! :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭M.T

It is great on the tech type forums were people help each other out. Terribly insulting when they don't come back and say thanks or if it got sorted :(

Advertisement