Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disgusted with fm09

Options
  • 29-12-2008 4:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

it seems like quite a good game and all but its very very very annoying, its just impossible to get into it because it takes so long to process. im only running one league(ireland) and only the premier division and it still takes a ****ing age to run.

so this is where I need your help involving Football Manager 07

I want to download a facepack for the Italian League, English League and League of Ireland.

I want an abundance of logos(crests) from all over europe, as i have basically all of them in fm09.

I want competion logos as well.

please tell me a good site to download this stuff from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

www.sortitoutsi.net

Everything you need is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

anladmór wrote: »
    it seems like quite a good game and all but its very very very annoying, its just impossible to get into it because it takes so long to process. im only running one league(ireland) and only the premier division and it still takes a ****ing age to run.

what are you running it on if you dont mind me asking? the 3D engine is a bit unrefined, but I actually haven't seen much of a disimprovement in processing time on previous versions... but it does need a sh*tload of RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

what are you running it on if you dont mind me asking? the 3D engine is a bit unrefined, but I actually haven't seen much of a disimprovement in processing time on previous versions... but it does need a sh*tload of RAM.

Processing time is to do with the CPU. RAM allows the storage of large information in the game and the more RAM the more space meaning it runs faster as well. Without a decent amount of RAM or a decent CPU it will run slow.

Processing is to do with the CPU.

yes and no. A processor can only process what's in the system memory. if an application places more demands on the memory than the system can handle, that means more disk accesses are needed which can considerably slow down the processing conducted by the CPU.

overall I haven't noticed much of a significant increase in the processing required, but I do see more memory needed which could cause a bottleneck on some PCs, hence I'm asking what his system is like.

yes and no. A processor can only process what's in the system memory. if an application places more demands on the memory than the system can handle, that means more disk accesses are needed which can considerably slow down the processing conducted by the CPU.

overall I haven't noticed much of a significant increase in the processing required, but I do see more memory needed which could cause a bottleneck on some PCs, hence I'm asking what his system is like.

I agree I'm just saying you need both. It doesn't require more processing it's just that with a decent CPU your game will run twice as fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Im running about 30 leagues which is about the same amount i had running when i was playing Football Manager 2007 and have'nt noticed much increase in the processing time.

I agree I'm just saying you need both. It doesn't require more processing it's just that with a decent CPU your game will run twice as fast.

I don't think so, i'm saying the returns from an increase in memory would far outweigh the returns from an increase in clockspeed. I think the memory requirement has always been the biggest bottleneck with the FM series. I'll look at it more closely and get back to you on that one, but i don't think my Core2Duo was ever fully maxed out by the older versions, but the memory always is.

Im running about 30 leagues which is about the same amount i had running when i was playing Football Manager 2007 and have'nt noticed much increase in the processing time.

30 leagues and how long does a season take you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

yah, well here is my information:

the computer is a esprimo mobie and the processor is Intel(R) Caleron(R) CPU [EMAIL="530@1.73"]530@1.73[/EMAIL] GHZ

RAM= 765 MB

system type: 32-bit operate system.

i envy you but i doubt the game actually runs. 30 leagues is a lot dont ya think?

on fm07 i played
    ireland
    france
    italy
    russia
    england
    northern ireland(IN BACKGROUND)
    sweden
    scotland
    spain

ran good enough. if i just went with like 4 leagues it ran beutifully.

if i r

• Advertisement

yah, well here is my information:

the computer is a esprimo mobie and the processor is Intel(R) Caleron(R) CPU [EMAIL="530@1.73"]530@1.73[/EMAIL] GHZ

RAM= 765 MB

system type: 32-bit operate system.

Jesus, no wonder... are you taking the piss? you're lucky it even works on it frankly. I've a PC that's 6 years old here in house that has higher specs than that and FM09 won't run... not that i'd want to to mind you.

eh no? football manager runs soooooooooo fast on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

You said in post #1 in this thread that it runs slow, which aint suprising given your specs.

but why the radical difference between 2 versions?

but why the radical difference between 2 versions?

c'mon, use your head a wee bit.

no why? your nothin but a football manager fanboy.

no why? your nothin but a football manager fanboy.

to some extent, obviously. but that's not really relevant here.

let's use our heads. now how do a games company make an annual title better each year? by adding more features and improving graphics and gameplay typically. but what does additional features etc. do to the hardware demands of a game? Oh, wait a minute, it increases them... d'oh.

two years is a long time in the games industry anladmór. For a series to remain competitive that means drastic innovation and additional features year on year. no one should ever expect an annual series to do nothing but significantly increase the hardware demands year on year. in fact, over a two year period they would typically double if recent history tells us anything...

i envy you but i doubt the game actually runs. 30 leagues is a lot dont ya think?

on fm07 i played
    ireland
    france
    italy
    russia
    england
    northern ireland(IN BACKGROUND)
    sweden
    scotland
    spain

ran good enough. if i just went with like 4 leagues it ran beutifully.

if i r

Well i meant 30 divsions. Iv got about 12 countries running with a large database.

But iv got around 3gb of RAM so it works ok.

Well i meant 30 divsions. Iv got about 12 countries running with a large database.

But iv got around 3gb of RAM so it works ok.

I'm bragging completely here, but my 8gigs and quad core handles large database and every league like a dream. My laptop on the other hand can't run the game at all :(

I'm bragging completely here, but my 8gigs and quad core handles large database and every league like a dream. My laptop on the other hand can't run the game at all :(

I'd love to be able to play with all the leagues active.

• Advertisement

I'd love to be able to play with all the leagues active.

It actually makes the game a lot better. All your links are useful and more regens appear. Not too mention every league makes the whole game feel alive.

what computer can i get to do that?

What do you mean?

What spec computer would run FM09 with full database and all leagues selected?

4 or 8 gigs would be a start. A decent CPU and graphics card.

What do you mean?

What spec computer would run FM09 with full database and all leagues selected?

4 or 8 gigs would be a start. A decent CPU and graphics card.

you're forgetting the bit about having a 64bit OS. that's probably the most important factor, as the 32bit OSs have a cap on the amount of memory each application can access.

the graphics card would have less of on impact, the 3D engine isn't GPU intensive methinks, it's just really badly written..

you're forgetting the bit about having a 64bit OS. that's probably the most important factor, as the 32bit OSs have a cap on the amount of memory each application can access.

the graphics card would have less of on impact, the 3D engine isn't GPU intensive methinks, it's just really badly written..

Yeah I have Vista 64, but I don't think that makes too much a difference. FM09 isn't optimised to take full advantage of 64 bit processing. My laptop ran FM08 at the same pace of my PC and that was only a 32 bit. Well that's just my experience anyway.

If your going to put 4 to 8 gigs of RAM in your computer, get Vista 64 and a duel or quad core processor you might as well get a good graphics card otherwise it's just a waste.

Yeah I have Vista 64, but I don't think that makes too much a difference. FM09 isn't optimised to take full advantage of 64 bit processing. My laptop ran FM08 at the same pace of my PC and that was only a 32 bit. Well that's just my experience anyway.

really? i'm surprised at that... seeing the game's basically just one big database with a bunch of macros i thought they would have optimized for 64bit fairly handy... SI really are a lazy bunch when it comes to QA.

really? i'm surprised at that... seeing the game's basically just one big database with a bunch of macros i thought they would have optimized for 64bit fairly handy... SI really are a lazy bunch when it comes to QA.

I agree. If it's one feature FM09 really would have benefited from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

An expensive one that wouldn't be worth buying for the sake of FM09 alone!! If you only need a rig with that kind of spec for playing footie manage, I'd advise settle for less leagues...unless you're rich, then by all means go for it...

An expensive one that wouldn't be worth buying for the sake of FM09 alone!! If you only need a rig with that kind of spec for playing footie manage, I'd advise settle for less leagues...unless you're rich, then by all means go for it...

meh... not really. 700 these days will get you a quad core build, with 4GB RAM and an Nvidia 9600 or 9800, monitor and all. It wont be long before that laptop is completely obsolete anyway for doing anything other than browsing the net. I think there would be much worse ways of spending one's money personally.

• Advertisement

meh... not really. 700 these days will get you a quad core build, with 4GB RAM and an Nvidia 9600 or 9800, monitor and all. It wont be long before that laptop is completely obsolete anyway for doing anything other than browsing the net. I think there would be much worse ways of spending one's money personally.

700? Are you serious? I have never seen a PC with those specs for 700 yo-yo's and with a monitor.

Do you have a link to that PC?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything I just think that's great value and want to see it for myself.

Advertisement