Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disgusted with fm09

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

700? Are you serious? I have never seen a PC with those specs for 700 yo-yo's and with a monitor.

Do you have a link to that PC?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything I just think that's great value and want to see it for myself.

haven't a link, but a PC world insert in the Irish Times yesterday had an Athlon X4, 4GB RAM, 20'' montor, 500GB HDD and Vista Home Premium listed for €700. didn't go into more specifics than that though so there could well be a catch i'm missing.

I've seen similarish deals elsewhere online too, i'll post if i come across them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

haven't a link, but a PC world insert in the Irish Times yesterday had an Athlon X4, 4GB RAM, 20'' montor, 500GB HDD and Vista Home Premium listed for €700. didn't go into more specifics than that though so there could well be a catch i'm missing.

I've seen similarish deals elsewhere online too, i'll post if i come across them again.

Interesting...please do although I never buy fully made PC I always build them myself. The advantages out way the cons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Interesting...please do although I never buy fully made PC I always build them myself. The advantages out way the cons.

€730 gets you a Dell Inspiron desktop with q8200, 4GB 800mhz RAM, Vista, 500GB HDD, 20'' monitor and an ATI 3450 aswell.

I'd agree with you about self building, but you can still make a similar system for around the same with the likes of hardwareversand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

€730 gets you a Dell Inspiron desktop with q8200, 4GB 800mhz RAM, Vista, 500GB HDD, 20'' monitor and an ATI 3450 aswell.

I'd agree with you about self building, but you can still make a similar system for around the same with the likes of hardwareversand.

The ATI 3400 wouldn't last you a year before you had to upgrade that card. Actually I think it would struggle with the newest games today.

For the price it seems good, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

meh... not really. 700 these days will get you a quad core build, with 4GB RAM and an Nvidia 9600 or 9800, monitor and all. It wont be long before that laptop is completely obsolete anyway for doing anything other than browsing the net. I think there would be much worse ways of spending one's money personally.

700 quid to play footie manager with all the leagues?? hmmmm...

I've a savage rig myself, but I built it to play pretty much every demanding PC game under the sun - not just FM09. This poster was asking about a PC that would play FM09 with all leagues active. I was making the point, that if that's all it will be used for, then imho that's a waste of money. Personally, I don't think the ability to play FM09 with all leagues active is worth 700 squids, but that's just me...

• Advertisement
Advertisement