Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I phone a mobile in the u.s.a?..country code anyone?

• 29-12-2008 7:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

What is the country code?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

start of me mates number in america is 0157 i dont actually know how much of that is the code needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 benzogirl

seanybiker wrote: »
    start of me mates number in america is 0157 i dont actually know how much of that is the code needed.
    Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭Esel

00 + 1 for USA. You don't dial the +, obviously!

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The + means 00.

You either dial + or you dial 00 and then the rest of the number but dropping any leading 0's.

If you store numbers in your phone using + all the time then they will dial correctly from anywhere as the 00 prefix is not the same in every country.

robinph wrote: »
    The + means 00.

You either dial + or you dial 00 and then the rest of the number but dropping any leading 0's.

If you store numbers in your phone using + all the time then they will dial correctly from anywhere as the 00 prefix is not the same in every country.

Very helpful! Thank you robinph!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I stupidly forgot to mention the country code bit there though:

+ <country code> <area/ network code without leading zero> <rest of number>

so an 087 123 456 number in ireland becomes +35387123456 and it can then be dialled from anywhere.

I understand :) Thanks again.

Advertisement