Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan Signings

Options
  • 29-12-2008 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

I reckon Harry as already sorted out our Jan signings. He's had a few months to do his homework and focus on the areas that need attention most.

I reckon our Jan signings are 99% done and I don't expect any diddering at 23:00 on the 31st of Jan.

Harry is taylor made to get us out of the situation we are in, I am convinced he will make the signings we need to fix our problems and get us safe. That is what he is good at. It's his speciality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I hope so. We so badly need some striking options because we're not scoring enough at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

I reckon Harry as already sorted out our Jan signings. He's had a few months to do his homework and focus on the areas that need attention most.

I reckon our Jan signings are 99% done and I don't expect any diddering at 23:00 on the 31st of Jan.

Harry is taylor made to get us out of the situation we are in, I am convinced he will make the signings we need to fix our problems and get us safe. That is what he is good at. It's his speciality.

have ye heard any believeable itk yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Brede Hangeland hopefully and a defensive midfielder...

From yesterdays Observer (good article on Roy Hodgson);

"Paul Konchesky is the only member of today's probable back five who featured in Hodgson's first match. Aaron Hughes was at the club but injured; the others are Hodgson recruits. Gigantic Norwegian centre-back Brede Hangeland is the most lauded of these. The £2.5m signing from FC Copenhagen immediately cured the side's aerial vulnerability after arriving in January. Until then Fulham had conceded more goals from headers than any other team, a fact that underlined the folly of the previous manager; Sanchez advocated the long ball though his team were tiny.

Hangeland has been one of this season's outstanding defenders. He has performed more clearances, tackles and interceptions than luminaries such as Rio Ferdinand and John Terry. Yet it is perhaps the form of John Paintsil that best conveys Hodgson's coaching prowess. Bought for £1.5m from West Ham, the hitherto erratic Ghana right-back has gradually refined his positional sense to become a reliable defender who can use his speed to help Hughes cover for Hangeland, a lack of pace being the Norwegian's only apparent shortcoming. "

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/arsenal-spurs-eye-fulham-s-hangeland-5515894.html

Advertisement