Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Romantic Ideas?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone got any romantic ideas? I want to do something nice for hubby and don't tell me to cook for him coz i hate cooking anyway thats another story but any romantic ideas would be great but not cooking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Give him a slab of cans and the television remote and dont talk to him for the night. He will love you forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

You could be his slave for a day:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

seanybiker wrote: »
    Give him a slab of cans and the television remote and dont talk to him for the night. He will love you forever.

Play nice.

Moving to tLL, I think you might get some proper answers there.

SDooM wrote: »
    Play nice.

Thats not fair - the poor guy will end up having to treat himself or buy the OP shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

SDooM wrote: »
    Play nice.

Op knows i was only messing.

Op to be honest ya have me stumped on this one. I have been trying to think of something i would like my missus to do (apart from the obvious) that i would like/find romantic and i cant think of a thing.
    Since ya dont want to cook why not just get a chinese delivered. Cant go wrong there. I knew i could think of something eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Why not book a nice restraunt for the both of ye, nice dinner, bottle of wine, then get home and relax to a nice movie and a cuddle !

May not be typically romantic, but it'd be something I'd find great.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

is there something he loves doing, that you don't usually do with him? like going to a match or to see a band or genre of movie that he's into. the fact that you thought of something he'd like to do and are doing it with him could be quite romantic. after you could still go for a meal or even get a takeaway he loves.

just an idea anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Well, for a start this should be about both of you. Dont know what your budget is, but head for a hotel. dinner, drinks and pack the sexy undehs. To personalise it a little you could incorporate something about where you met.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Hope this classifies as romantic - I got one of those star projection kits and set it up in the bedroom so that we could sleep under the stars...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Get some champagne and share a bubble bath or something. Relaxation, alcohol and being in the nip with the other half is always a great way to spend an evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭blathnaid21

seanybiker wrote: »
    Since ya dont want to cook why not just get a chinese delivered. Cant go wrong there. I knew i could think of something eventually.

Thanks for the idea except i can't get delivers of food here as i don't live in the town/city.I live like 15 to 30 mins away from the town/city.I guess i could just go and get it myself but thanks ur on the rite track.

U could get ur missus to dress up in sexy clothes. I did that a week ago and served wine to hubby at the door the min he got home and had the whole sitting room in candles and a fire and it was lovely.maybe u could throw her a hint or send her an email of what u would love like starting with i would love for u 2 do such and such , whatever it may be? Or u could be romantic and maybe she'll do the same back.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭blathnaid21

Abigayle wrote: »
    Well, for a start this should be about both of you. Dont know what your budget is, but head for a hotel. dinner, drinks and pack the sexy undehs. To personalise it a little you could incorporate something about where you met.

Thats another great idea except it was a computer and internet course we met at so i dunno how any1 could incorporate that(but u didn't know that and thats okay) into it but i get what ur saying alrite and it sounds lovely.:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Give him a massage. Have candles all around the room, and maybe some soft music. It's the perfect treat for all OH's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Tie yourself up in daisy chains. Have yourself waxed to the hilt. Wear something tiny. Put dirty music on. Have the lighting appropriate. Have a cooler in the room filled with champagne and strawberries. Dance for him and don't let him touch you until he's dizzy.

Then take him out to dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

BaRcOe wrote: »

Sorry, but being handed the remote is neither sexy or romantic.

Take him out to dinner, and halfway through, excuse yourself to the bathroom and when you return, hand him your underwear, with a voucher for all his favourite acitivities, and some 'unreasonable demand' time.

Bet he'll skip dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Take him out to dinner, and halfway through, excuse yourself to the bathroom and when you return, hand him your underwear, with a voucher for all his favourite acitivities, and some 'unreasonable demand' time.

Bet he'll skip dessert.

Lol, that's a good one.

Lets just hope that all his favourite activities don't revolve around the remote and the TV.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ok,im a guy and id love my girlfriend to do these(depends on your budget):

suprise him on the day with a day out somewhere(depends on the person....cinema, zoo, footy match, gig etc), then have a nice hotel booked for that night. Going one better would be if the hotel was also a spa so you can book the two of you in for a massage or just chill in the swimming pool for the day.

Something a little more simple would be a meal in a restaurant and a "treat";) when you get home.

Guys dont really expect romantic gestures but i think they are really appreciated when they appear.

Guys dont really expect romantic gestures but i think they are really appreciated when they appear.

Guys love romantic gestures and the sillier the better.

A nice meal -massage in scented oils and he will bark like a dog.

Pampering is cool:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

I had something similar done to me before. Somehow the filly in question had managed to sneak them into my jeans pocket and when I went to get the keys for the car I was like WTF?! :eek:

Thank god they were hers. :P

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    I had something similar done to me before. Somehow the filly in question had managed to sneak them into my jeans pocket and when I went to get the keys for the car I was like WTF?! :eek:

Thank god they were hers. :P
    Its a really dead on suggestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Bet he'll skip dessert.

Depends on what you mean by dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

hand him your underwear. Bet he'll skip dessert.

And the rest of the diner ! Thats pretty good, but of course make sure its sexeh underwear, and most of all clean underwear !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Why not book a nice restraunt for the both of ye, nice dinner, bottle of wine, then get home and relax to a nice movie and a cuddle !

May not be typically romantic, but it'd be something I'd find great.

Why haven't you ever done that for me Mr. I-know-nothing-about-romance?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ooh, a domestic. Excellent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

He's at a party tonight so you'll be waiting, it might be worth it though, a slurry reply at 3.50am is always interesting...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tempting, but I don't think I'll wait up for it.

Why haven't you ever done that for me Mr. I-know-nothing-about-romance?
    Haha - have you ever done that for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Surprisingly, not all guys like the handing him the underwear thing.

• Advertisement

janeybabe wrote: »
    Surprisingly, not all guys like the handing him the underwear thing.

On what evidence do you base this assertion;)

Advertisement