Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 255WT is a 255W

• 29-12-2008 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Bought a 255WT (Widescreen, Traffic)from Dabs for christmas. The box it came in has 255WT on it, but the GPS itself only has 255W, and when i registered it online, it shows up as a 255W. Anyone know if this is normal? There is no mention of Traffic on the GPS itself apart from the Avoid menu, it has an entry for Traffic which is ticked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I've used a 250W before, and really like it, so I guess the 255WT is fairly similiar.
    I use a TomTom now, so I can't be 100% certain about Garmin.

However, I can tell you that the whole "Traffic" thing doesn't work in Ireland!
    Not the answer you wanted, but it's true.
    Traffic is a feature which is available in some European countries, and involves the use of transmitters, either in or beside the roads. We don't have these in Ireland, so Traffic is of no use to you.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Above comment is correct, the 'T' in a Garmin model refers to the traffic subscription which is Ireland is worth the same as an ashtray on a motorbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Thanks for the replies. I knew the traffic option wouldn't work in Ireland. But will it work abroad? I just expected to see the traffic option in the menu's of the GPS or for it to show as a WT when registering the GPS on Garmin.com.

Advertisement