Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin collection

Options
  • 29-12-2008 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else normally have a bin collection by Doheney on a Friday?

We've got a full blue bin and about three black bags full of recyclable stuff. :eek:

The new calender has the December 08 week on it, but nothing to say that there is any change to the collection times.So I assume that it will be Friday.

Does anyone know other wise? Will I be able to get rid of all this stuff in one day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LINDA08

We usually get ours collected on a Thursday, there was no recycling collection last week but they advertised as doing a double collection next week (1st week in January) and I've as much as you and more for recycling and have never had any problem with them taking additional recycling waste.

This week is rubbish week though and our usual collection is being done on Weds this week so I'd say you are in for a rubbish collection on Friday not recycling. hth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Last year after Xmas they did a double collection and took both bins - no clue if thats the plan for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I have one of those Doheny flyers here so here's a quick quote...
    Fri 26th Dec No recycle collection. Double recycle will be collected on recycle week Fri 9th Jan, 2009.
    Wed 31st Dec Normal refuse collection.
    Thurs 1st Jan Refuse will be collected on Wed 31st December 2008. Please ensure your refuse is left out for an early collection.
    Friday 2nd Jan Normal refuse collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I have one of those Doheny flyers here so here's a quick quote...

Great thanks.

I actually just spoke to them and they told me that it was rubbish bin for my area, I assume on Friday as that's my normal day and then a double collection of the recycle bin next week.

Advertisement